SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#338785 - 02/05/12 09:37 AM Pa3X vs Audya
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
I have already decided to go for the Audya5, but I have a question.
I have listened to some of the Pa3X styles and demo songs and to me, the Audya sounds much more live and I like the sounds of it.
And also, the Audya is much more accessible to me as a visually impaired musician with all of its buttons.
But, for those of you who may have plaied both or just listened what do you think?
I have plaied the Pa1X and Pa800 in the passed myself.
Many thanks for any comments!

#338789 - 02/05/12 10:12 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Christian,

Don't be lured into the Audya because of it's live sounds. This keyboard is unreliable, unsupported, and over-priced. I had two and returned both; Audya4 and Audya5. I strongly urge you to select another offering.
If you don't want to take my word for it, do your research in the Ketron Forum on this site. Do a search.
Best of luck with your decision.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#338791 - 02/05/12 10:47 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Al is right don't just go jumping in, anyway I think ergonomically the Pa3x will not be beat. For someone who has problems with sight the registrations menus on the Audya will be hell to see and understand. Please listen to what Al as to say. Christian it will also depend where you live how much if any support you will get with an Audya, a bit like taking a loved one having a heart attack to an hospital you know is crap, at least you still have the chance to change your mind, I would look closely at the Pa3x. and I have an Audya!!!!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338792 - 02/05/12 10:53 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
Dnj Offline

It's a shame that Audya gets a bad rap..I hope things improve for Ketron we need them in the game. cool2 If they would just talk to real players and get their opinions and address the peoples needs, change what's wrong, adjust the price to balance with the competition, and make units available and easily serviceable in stores, NAMM etc to demo. To many good times with my Ketron products for me to give up on them that easily.. I hope they get it together

Edited by Dnj (02/05/12 11:01 AM)

#338793 - 02/05/12 10:59 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny

On this I can't agree, they have zero customer care it's always been that way, they don't deserve to be in business.

Note no funny faces

Tony

PS perhaps one could say the a Ketron KB is only as good as the dealer you got it from, so you could blame the dealer, but who put the Ketron dealer were he is, Ketron.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338795 - 02/05/12 11:03 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny

On this I can't agree, they have zero customer care it's always been that way, they don't deserve to be in business.

Note no funny faces

Tony

They aren't going anywhere soon...But they can surly make it better if they want to ...obviously people are buying as they are still in business.

#338797 - 02/05/12 11:10 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

You need to make your own judgement, the Audya is the most expensive KB on the planet, therefore there should be money in the pot for support, in fact at lot in the pot, but its not there and I know for a fact that the mark up a dealer makes on a Ketron is crap, so he's not interested when he's made a sale.

I don't know whats going on with them, and they are not interested in putting it right.

Last week one UK dealer took in stock over 250 Tyros 4, I don't think Audya sold that in the UK in the last 3 years.

#338800 - 02/05/12 11:19 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Its undeniable that the Audya has the best styles in the world.

But in all other things the Korg beats the Audya.. So you could buy a KRONOS and the Audya 4 Module to get the best in both worlds...

(i have no experience with the Audya instabillity issues, but i tought they would have been solved by now)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#338801 - 02/05/12 11:19 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I don't agree.

I have an Audya and had a Pa-800, and I think Christian would have an easier time with dedicated buttons than invisable layers.

As to reliability, some may have had problems with older units, but I have never had problem one.

I am lucky to have a good dealer in Frankiev, and he is always ready to help, although I know he still might have to involve the distributor.

Dnj is right about a bad rap. This was partly brought on by Ketron for being cash strapped and releasing too soon.

All of this being considered, I personally love my Audya and would buy another If stolen.

Bernie

#338803 - 02/05/12 11:28 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
Dnj Offline

Tony why did you buy the Audya in the first place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online