SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#338832 - 02/05/12 06:16 PM Korg Micro Arranger with Harmony M
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Could anyone please walk me through the process of getting these two units working together? The Harmony M works fine with my Tyros 2 but it's not responding to the KMA. Help!

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#338844 - 02/05/12 07:57 PM Re: Korg Micro Arranger with Harmony M [Re: montunoman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Paul (aka: Montunoman),
It was great chatting with you on the phone tonight.
Congratulations and welcome to the microARRANGER owners club. clap

Since I don't own a Harmony M, at least not yet,
I'm probably not the best one to advise you on how to
set it up with your microARRANGER.

Col. Saswick (yes, Sir!) woot on the other hand owns and uses
both a Korg microARRANGER and Tc HeliconHarmony M unit together,
so I'm sure he'll reply here with detailed instructions on how to configure the midi setup
on both the KMA and Harmony M unit,

Since I plan to purchase a Harmony M too, to be used with my KMA + new Berhinger Xenyx 1002FX mixer,
I'm also eager to learn just how to correctly configure the KMA/Harmony M Midi settings as well.

I had originally wanted to simply connect a portable efx processor directly into the fixed line input of my KMA,
but have since discovered there's simply not sufficient volume boost into the KMA to match the volume of the keyboard sounds itself,
so took the recommendation of a fellow sz buddy and purchased this compact 2 lb $89 street price Behringer 1002FX unit.I really like how it sounds (clean), smile
and that it also includes a slew of nice sounding efx. cool
My only disappointment it that it doesn't have dedicated on/off power switch button. frown

Scott smile

#338854 - 02/05/12 10:22 PM Re: Korg Micro Arranger with Harmony M [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott, that's a good little mixer. Be very careful plugging and unplugging the power supply. I had two of them break. Other than they worked fine for years, as long as you don't need extra ins and outs.
Regarding the Harmony M, there is a procedure to assign the midi channel and the zone from which the unit reads chords. You have to have the owners manual in front of you and follow it closely.
I have used it with a couple of Rolands and a Yamaha and it worked good with both after setup.
DonM

#338860 - 02/06/12 12:20 AM Re: Korg Micro Arranger with Harmony M [Re: montunoman]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Paul

First check your Micro is set to send on channel 1 on the midi out.

1. Select Global
2. Press the Menu button
3. Select Midi out using the buttons on the right
4. Using the +/- buttons find the MidiOut Chan
5. Select Channel 1 Using the buttons on the left
6. Using the +/- buttons scroll until you find the Chord setting
(Its the last setting)
7. Press the write button
8. Press Enter to accept settings.

The Harmony M is set to Channel 1 out of the factory.

The Chord setting on the Micro allows you to send info to the micro when the lower voice is muted.

When midi signals are being recieved a LED flashes to the bottom right of the preset number when you press a key in the lower section of the keyboard.

Regards

Col

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online