SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#338452 - 02/02/12 07:07 AM Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
This Tyros 4 Youtube video poster, Roconi,
has just posted this interesting overview of the Alesis IO Deck used in conjunction with Garage Band on the iPad & Tyros 4.

Anybody here use or recommend this setup or similar?

#338454 - 02/02/12 07:19 AM Re: Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Online   content

Very interesting stuff Scott thank you for the link.
Amazing that every day new & unique ways to create music are coming to fruition creating so many choice combinations...
it's a great time to be alive! smile

#338455 - 02/02/12 07:38 AM Re: Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Its fun to see people utilizing the touchscreen of the ipad..

But do they realise how much power theyget in their hands when they add a 24" touchscreen to their PC?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#338468 - 02/02/12 08:28 AM Re: Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That man is 86, having fun! He has certainly embraced technology, making videos.

#338470 - 02/02/12 08:31 AM Re: Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Its fun to see people utilizing the touchscreen of the ipad.. But do they realise how much power theyget in their hands when they add a 24" touchscreen to their PC?

I think most of us certainly appreciate the power a full blown studio PC can deliver,
but just how many of us really need or will even use all that power, or even 1/2 of the complicated and often esoteric features? eek2

The big appeal of the iPad, as well as the new Korg mini-Arranger is their small, lightweight portability, giving musicians the ability to create music just about any where on the go.
Though I'm sure this portable tech will continue to evolve, I feel the level of power already packed into portable devices like these is already more than adequate to satisfy people
that desire a 'small as possible' portable music studio setup. smile

#338474 - 02/02/12 08:53 AM Re: Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Its fun to see people utilizing the touchscreen of the ipad.. But do they realise how much power theyget in their hands when they add a 24" touchscreen to their PC?

I think most of us certainly appreciate the power a full blown studio PC can deliver,
but just how many of us really need or will even use all that power, or even 1/2 of the complicated and often esoteric features? eek2

The big appeal of the iPad, as well as the new Korg mini-Arranger is their small, lightweight portability, giving musicians the ability to create music just about any where on the go.
Though I'm sure this portable tech will continue to evolve, I feel the level of power already packed into portable devices like these is already more than adequate to satisfy people
that desire a 'small as possible' portable music studio setup. smile

Microarranger,Microstation in combination with alesis Iodock and IPad would make for a perfect micro solution... at not even half the cost of a PA3X or T4...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#338476 - 02/02/12 08:57 AM Re: Garage Band on iPad with Alesis IO Dock & Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
Scottyee Offline

Microarranger,Microstation in combination with alesis Iodock and IPad would make for a perfect micro solution... at not even half the cost of a PA3X or T4...

Ditto! rocker

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online