Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#338051 - 01/30/12 04:22 AM The ulitimate Micro Rig
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
How about one of these to pair up with the MicroArranger

Light Weight/Budget Pa3x and Kronos ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llis5tYY9Rg

I'm giving it serious thought, a workstation/arranger that fits in your pocket. keys

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (01/30/12 04:24 AM)

#338052 - 01/30/12 04:47 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Col

In your opinion, what benefits would be derived from such a union ?

Bernie

#338056 - 01/30/12 06:01 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Bernie9]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Bernie

People seem to think the Tyros 4 and the Kronos would be the ideal rig. I really like my little keys and thought the micro set up might work asa a dual keyboard arrangement.

Pete (Karmaforever) uses a Pa2x and an M50. This would be a similar setup.

Donny is looking at Roland Work stations and this would complement his KMA and be a lot cheaper.

Regards

Col

#338058 - 01/30/12 07:02 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Add these and your Micro set up is truly Micro.....

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...org_#Post338057

John

#338066 - 01/30/12 08:02 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Bernie

People seem to think the Tyros 4 and the Kronos would be the ideal rig. I really like my little keys and thought the micro set up might work asa a dual keyboard arrangement.

Pete (Karmaforever) uses a Pa2x and an M50. This would be a similar setup.

Donny is looking at Roland Work stations and this would complement his KMA and be a lot cheaper.

Regards

Col

I would never trade my big weighted piano and synth keys for those little keys... It would give me the cramps and cost me some creativity... after 30 years being accustomed to large keys... thoe small keys are not an option

To me it only shows how cheap one can produce these instruments nowerdays, but if they sold them with normal keysize and good keyboards it would give people high quallity instruments with the same feautures and quallity of the total arrangers.

I think T4 KRONOS, Jupiter 80 and PA3X cost less then $500 dollar to build... most money tough is spend in research and needs to be earned back...

But for these mini instruments research is hardly a point of cost, as they are just reboxing allready available technollogy thats why they can sell these instruments so cheap... But if they sold them with big keys they would ruin their market for their more expensive instruments.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#338072 - 01/30/12 09:02 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Bachus]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I would never trade my big weighted piano and synth keys for those little keys...

Nor would I. Afterall, in addition to the microARRANGER, i still appreciate and play my Steinway B Grand too, as well as the Tyros 4 with significantly smaller and lighter and comparatively toy like keys too, but there remain situations where taking even a Tyros 4 portable arranger not always convenient or pratical, and I won't even begin to consider moving the Steinway even an inch across the room. The microARRANGER definitely fullfills my grab and go take anywhere need I appreciate. And yes, coming from a classical piano background, I concur with Saswick that the tiny keys, though not idea, are still quite playable. -Scott smile

Bottom line is the old saying " horses for courses"

#338074 - 01/30/12 09:05 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Scott being a classically trained Pianist having no problems on the smaller KMA keys says volumes!!Talent & a little adjustment goes a long way.

#338078 - 01/30/12 09:30 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

I would never trade my big weighted piano and synth keys for those little keys... It would give me the cramps and cost me some creativity... after 30 years being accustomed to large keys... thoe small keys are not an option

To me it only shows how cheap one can produce these instruments nowadays, but if they sold them with normal keysize and good keyboards it would give people high quallity instruments with the same features and quallity of the total arrangers.

I'm with you on the small key thing, Bachus, although we might be in a minority...but who cares!

When I'm playing my Tyros 4, I know when I reach my little finger up for a B or Bb, I'm not going to wind up on D or Eb...with a small keyboard, I'm going to have to look, and at very least, pay a lot more attention than what I want to do.

Playing should feel natural...mini keys do not feel natural to my fingers....never have, and probably never will...I've got many years of technique that I'm not going to sacrifice just to save a few dollars and a few pounds in weight.

My biggest surprise is that the PA-50SD, that the microArranger is based on, didn't give so much as a blip on the radar when it came out 10 years ago. Now, when you can buy the same technology, in an awkward mini key instrument, they are raving about the Korg sound and styles.

Where were these people when the PA-50SD came out? Is saving a few quid, a few kilos, and dealing with a technique busting keyboard enough to embrace 10 year old technology as if it just popped on the market today?

Certainly makes me wonder, and probably a few more, like us, who really can't see the fuss.

Ian

PS...I think the really smart guys, are the geniuses at Korg who figured out how to get the Korg sound under people's fingers (even though they will be a little cramped), because it just might get folks to buying the bigger, adult sized instruments. JMO.

#338083 - 01/30/12 10:17 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

To me it only shows how cheap one can produce these instruments nowadays, but if they sold them with normal keysize and good keyboards it would give people high quallity instruments with the same features and quallity of the total arrangers.

I'm with you on the small key thing, Bachus, although we might be in a minority...but who cares!

When I'm playing my Tyros 4, I know when I reach my little finger up for a B or Bb, I'm not going to wind up on D or Eb...with a small keyboard, I'm going to have to look, and at very least, pay a lot more attention than what I want to do.

Playing should feel natural...mini keys do not feel natural to my fingers....never have, and probably never will...I've got many years of technique that I'm not going to sacrifice just to save a few dollars and a few pounds in weight.

My biggest surprise is that the PA-50SD, that the microArranger is based on, didn't give so much as a blip on the radar when it came out 10 years ago. Now, when you can buy the same technology, in an awkward mini key instrument, they are raving about the Korg sound and styles.

Where were these people when the PA-50SD came out? Is saving a few quid, a few kilos, and dealing with a technique busting keyboard enough to embrace 10 year old technology as if it just popped on the market today?

Certainly makes me wonder, and probably a few more, like us, who really can't see the fuss.

Ian

PS...I think the really smart guys, are the geniuses at Korg who figured out how to get the Korg sound under people's fingers (even though they will be a little cramped), because it just might get folks to buying the bigger, adult sized instruments. JMO.

Reliable Sources tell us the KMA is totally reworked and tweaked compared to the PA 50SD... wink

#338101 - 01/30/12 11:42 AM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

Reliable Sources tell us the KMA is totally reworked and tweaked compared to the PA 50SD... wink

Still the technollogy is over 10 years old...

But then current top of the line arrangers use processor boards that are over 5 years old... So the difference isnt that huge.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online