SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#338114 - 01/30/12 12:26 PM Yamaha Support
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A year or two ago, I sold my Yamaha PSRS900 to Bill half-way-live-music. "We" later sold it to a gentlemen in Hayneville, LA.
He called yesterday and was having the classic display problem, where an LCD goes out and wreaks havoc. He was only getting static when he turned it on.
I called Yamaha and was lucky enough for Steve Deming to answer the phone. He said that Yamaha would take care of the problem, even though the unit was well out of warranty.
Now that's service above and beyond what was "necessary". Kudos to Steve and to Yamaha!
DonM

#338147 - 01/30/12 01:49 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Great story Don. Glad to hear the new owner will be made whole again.

Steve is one of the great customer relationship managers of all the manufacturers; he really cares for his customers.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#338148 - 01/30/12 01:51 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Instant satisfaction makes for a very Happy customer...
bravo Steve Deming ! clap

#338226 - 01/30/12 08:41 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I would also like to say that he told me all about the new models coming up shortly but swore me to secrecy.

I'd like to say that, but it wouldn't be true.

I did try to pump him a little about new arrangers, but he really didn't seem to know. He thought surely that SOMETHING would be coming sometime this year. Sure hope he knows something that he can't mention!!
DonM

#338228 - 01/30/12 08:50 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
A year or two ago, I sold my Yamaha PSRS900 to Bill half-way-live-music. "We" later sold it to a gentlemen in Hayneville, LA.
He called yesterday and was having the classic display problem, where an LCD goes out and wreaks havoc. He was only getting static when he turned it on.
I called Yamaha and was lucky enough for Steve Deming to answer the phone. He said that Yamaha would take care of the problem, even though the unit was well out of warranty.
Now that's service above and beyond what was "necessary". Kudos to Steve and to Yamaha!
DonM

It pays to be the senior spokeperson on SZ>>> smile

#338229 - 01/30/12 08:55 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Who ME? I'm just a kid. And I'm certain that they are doing that for everyone with that problem. I'm certain because Gary Diamond told me so, and that's like reading it in the Good Book.
DonM

#338234 - 01/30/12 10:03 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

So Gary doesn't just 'sail' on the water, eh?

#338236 - 01/30/12 10:06 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

DonM

Don,

I am not at all surprised at Yamaha doing this, if Ketron a small family firm did the same they would shine, ah well its not to be.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338239 - 01/30/12 10:17 PM Re: Yamaha Support [Re: DonM]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...

I did try to pump him a little about new arrangers, but he really didn't seem to know. He thought surely that SOMETHING would be coming sometime this year. Sure hope he knows something that he can't mention!!
DonM

No secret.

PSR S950/750 in 5 1/2 months.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online