SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#337383 - 01/25/12 08:21 AM Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... [Re: Jez]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Jez
T4 is the best sounding arranger out there. And the one main upgrade needed would be a downgrade in pricing wink
I don't own a T4 but reading on the features, They can consider the following features
- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- sound synthesis on board
- audio loops
- audio midi synchronisation capabilities

I'm sure a lot of T4 owners will kick me in the butt saying they don't need these features for an arranger. But then hey .... what to add in an already amazing instrument !!

They should add 15 keys, full computer integration, including edditing software on the level of the Motif.... and a huge touchscreen.

They should improve on the SA voices even further in the future.

On another note, i'd prefer if they added the full arranger engine and combined it with KARMA in the next generation of MOTIFs. Combined with VST capabillities and cubase integration this would make a dream instrument.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#337384 - 01/25/12 09:03 AM Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Yes how about a "TYMO" hybrid Tyros5/Motif arranger/workstation? dance2

#337488 - 01/26/12 04:40 AM Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... [Re: Jez]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
T4 is the best sounding arranger out there. And the one main upgrade needed would be a downgrade in pricing wink
I don't own a T4 but reading on the features, They can consider the following features
- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- audio loops

I'm sure a lot of T4 owners will kick me in the butt saying they don't need these features for an arranger. But then hey .... what to add in an already amazing instrument !!

All that is in the Lionstracs, with gigs of RAM for Sampling, if only the arranger would be decent, Lionstracs looks off the radar screen for now, it's a shame they had good hardware, but the software needed catching up.

#337489 - 01/26/12 05:04 AM Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... [Re: Tony Hughes]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Ian,

The old jokes are always the best, long as they are not too blue clap

Tony

Good one Tony laugh and I like my blue 800!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#337502 - 01/26/12 07:49 AM Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- audio loops

All that is in the Lionstracs, with gigs of RAM for Sampling, if only the arranger would be decent, Lionstracs looks off the radar screen for now, it's a shame they had good hardware, but the software needed catching up.

Lionstracs kept innovating their software functionallity, changing it every few months. There was never a stable base from which they build. One moment they where building an arranger, a few months later it was a Synthworkstation and then they where conquering the organ market, all with the same product.

Worst of all, they didn't have the content (sounds and styles) ....... And when they finally got the content (The soundset produced by James/Sharp for the Groove XR) the marriage ended.

I have been following the Lionstracs product for years now, but never ever they could convince me that their product was anything better then a testsystem.

James. Miden and Rob Sherrat are currently building a comparable system that will be released later this year, if they can add a totally embedded arranger function then it might actually be worth it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online