TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?...

Posted by: Dnj

TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/24/12 06:59 PM

Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/24/12 07:11 PM

Someone sent this to one of my other keyboard groups last week.

Until the Tyros5 comes out, there will be lots of speculation and rumors.

Looks nice enough.

Ian

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/24/12 07:53 PM

At least it's black yea!

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/24/12 07:57 PM

Thankfully, it won't be blue. Yea!

Ian
Posted by: GammaCm

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 12:14 AM

IMHO, I think that Yamaha will stop Tyros series because there is not the big difference between last two models (3 & 4) and will suggest some new brand for about 6000 USD retail price and will continue S-series
Posted by: bruno123

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 02:29 AM

So what's wrong with blue.

John C.

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: GammaCm
IMHO, I think that Yamaha will stop Tyros series because there is not the big difference between last two models (3 & 4) and will suggest some new brand for about 6000 USD retail price and will continue S-series

I agree.....you make very valid points.
Posted by: Jez

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 05:33 AM

T4 is the best sounding arranger out there. And the one main upgrade needed would be a downgrade in pricing wink
I don't own a T4 but reading on the features, They can consider the following features
- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- sound synthesis on board
- audio loops
- audio midi synchronisation capabilities

I'm sure a lot of T4 owners will kick me in the butt saying they don't need these features for an arranger. But then hey .... what to add in an already amazing instrument !!

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 05:41 AM

Originally Posted By: bruno123
So what's wrong with blue.

John C.

Blue is not one of my favorite colors for a keyboard's casing...Yamaha made a bunch of blue-hued synths back in the day, the CS1x, CS2x, and the AN1x come to mind. I thought it made them look cheap, although they sounded great.

Blue, Pink, Red, Green, Yellow...not colors I'd want for my keyboard....give me the now common silver, black or tastefully done wood-grain...Yamaha can do wood stuff really nice, as they make the wood grain dashboards and fittings for Lexus automobiles.

I know how a keyboard sounds should be paramount to the user, but, I also think visual appeal is important to both the player (who has to look at it every day) and the audience. But, sound should be the main reason for a keyboardist's choice...that and reliability.

Kinda reminds me of the old joke:

The old man goes to answer a knock at the door one evening only to find two sherrif deputy's standing there.
"Sir, are you married?" One deputy asked.
"Why yes," the old man replied "for 48 years."
"Do you have a photograph of your wife sir?" the second deputy questioned.
The old man pulled a picture out his wallet and handed to the officers. They looked it over and handed it back to him.
"Sir, I'm sorry but it looks like your wife has been hit by a truck."
The old man says, "I know son, but she's got a wonderful personality and she's a great cook."

wink

Ian
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 06:49 AM

Ian,

The old jokes are always the best, long as they are not too blue clap

Tony
Posted by: Bachus

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jez
T4 is the best sounding arranger out there. And the one main upgrade needed would be a downgrade in pricing wink
I don't own a T4 but reading on the features, They can consider the following features
- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- audio loops

I'm sure a lot of T4 owners will kick me in the butt saying they don't need these features for an arranger. But then hey .... what to add in an already amazing instrument !!

They should add 15 keys, full computer integration, including edditing software on the level of the Motif.... and a huge touchscreen.

They should improve on the SA voices even further in the future.

On another note, i'd prefer if they added the full arranger engine and combined it with KARMA in the next generation of MOTIFs. Combined with VST capabillities and cubase integration this would make a dream instrument.

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/25/12 09:03 AM

Yes how about a "TYMO" hybrid Tyros5/Motif arranger/workstation? dance2
Posted by: vangelis

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/26/12 04:40 AM

- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- audio loops

All that is in the Lionstracs, with gigs of RAM for Sampling, if only the arranger would be decent, Lionstracs looks off the radar screen for now, it's a shame they had good hardware, but the software needed catching up.
Posted by: zuki

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/26/12 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Ian,

The old jokes are always the best, long as they are not too blue clap

Tony

Good one Tony laugh and I like my blue 800!
Posted by: Bachus

Re: TYROS 5 First Look.....or is it?... - 01/26/12 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: vangelis
- vst capability
- touchscreen OS
- audio loops

All that is in the Lionstracs, with gigs of RAM for Sampling, if only the arranger would be decent, Lionstracs looks off the radar screen for now, it's a shame they had good hardware, but the software needed catching up.

Lionstracs kept innovating their software functionallity, changing it every few months. There was never a stable base from which they build. One moment they where building an arranger, a few months later it was a Synthworkstation and then they where conquering the organ market, all with the same product.

Worst of all, they didn't have the content (sounds and styles) ....... And when they finally got the content (The soundset produced by James/Sharp for the Groove XR) the marriage ended.

I have been following the Lionstracs product for years now, but never ever they could convince me that their product was anything better then a testsystem.

James. Miden and Rob Sherrat are currently building a comparable system that will be released later this year, if they can add a totally embedded arranger function then it might actually be worth it.