SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#336953 - 01/21/12 01:21 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

Love the new Avatar, can you post a full size so we can see better.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336956 - 01/21/12 01:22 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny,

Love the new Avatar, can you post a full size so we can see better.

Tony

Attachments
DpG70.jpg

#336957 - 01/21/12 01:23 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
[quote=Dnj]

I still cant believe a $499.00 unit could sound like this wow! These demos are just a few out of the box styles & sounds that can be enjoyed. It really has a great LIVE sound ..I have absolutely NO problem playing the mini keys...KORG had a definite WINNER in the KMA !! clap

Donny, you're sounding great as usual. Nice demo!! cool And for $499.....it's a steal.

Thanks Steven......I still wish I could play Piano like you ! cool2 ....

Donny thanks for the complement. On the flip side, I'll trade you some piano skills for your vocal skills. smile You know I love the big band stuff . I still have your CD "Swingin' With the Big Bands" on my iPhone.

Ok Steve it's a deal dinner on the "HILL" and a musical brainstorming session sounds like a good time in the future!!

Donny you're always welcome, when you get the time come on up. Expect to have lots of Italian food on the "Hill", so many good restaurants it's tough to pick which to go to. We'll round up Tony Mads and Mikey when you make the trip.

#336960 - 01/21/12 01:30 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny ,
great demo again. Amazing how good you make this little keyboard sound.

Hi Don,
in some it may not even require that extra measure, just extension of notes. I'm thinking they were intentionally recorded like that, goodness knows why.
Fortunately they can be altered in the stylemaker.
Originally Posted By: DonM
They know about it now, because I posted it on the Korg Forum, but it doesn't seem to be important to most people.
It's an easy enough fix if they want to do it. All that is necessary is to extend the ending a measure and redo the last note so it carries instead of chops off. I'm sure the notes are find, but the ending seems to run out of room.
DonM

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336961 - 01/21/12 01:45 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny ,
great demo again. Amazing how good you make this little keyboard sound.

Thanks Rikki...& once again thank you for your help..

#336963 - 01/21/12 01:47 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Cool stuff Donny, you're making me want one more and more.
Have you tried the micro controlled through your S910 yet?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#336965 - 01/21/12 01:54 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny, yet another winning KMA demo showcasing the older traditional styles so many of us synthzoner's appreciate.
Most Korg demos have leaned heavily toward contemporary styles, so it's nice to hear how Korg is equally at home for traditional big band, swing, and blues styles too.

Donny, realizing you played everything live on the KMA's 'micro keys' themself, it demonstrates just how 'playable' the micro keys really are, and of which I too experience with the micro keys. Though I appreciate being able to midi the KMA to a full sized keys 'keyboard controller',
I'm finding the onboard micro keys fine for the style of arranger playing demonstrated so well by you in your demos. smile

In spite of all this, I promise not to act too surprised if you suddenly decide to dump the micro-Arranger again.
Afterall, if that doesn't happen, it would be totally out of character for you. rotfl

Above everything else . . .
Have fun making music & enjoy the moment! cool

Scott

#336966 - 01/21/12 01:54 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
Cool stuff Donny, you're making me want one more and more.
Have you tried the micro controlled through your S910 yet?

Hi, Larry thank you......in regards to your question the answer is NO I haven't yet,... but, like I said I am not a midi KB hook up type of guy and probably would never do it because for my needs playing them separately is more my thing.....I'm sure someone who is into that kind of stuff will chime in with their experiences. Have a great day!

#336967 - 01/21/12 01:58 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bravo Scott,

It was well done, Donny is a master of the keys, he's made good this time, I think he will keep it, as Donny ever done any demos as good as this before on any other KB. If so can you dig them out, G70 perhaps. I would love to hear that.
Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336968 - 01/21/12 02:05 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Scott, I can't imagine Donny dumping the KMA...it's just HIM...he is unofficially KING of the KMA...."KMA Donny!"

Sometimes an instrument comes along that just has to remain in one's kit...the KMA seem to have taken Donny's heart...he's in love with KMA.

SZ has a romantic side too, yuh know!

Ian

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online