SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#336899 - 01/21/12 08:27 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Do any of you use a volume pedal ? Mine don't seem to work.

Sorry Bernie I cant help you I use no pedals at all.....I'm sure someone who does can give you some advice...good luck with your new KMA.

Amazing...no pedals at all?

How do you do piano parts on an arranger without a sustain pedal?

Ian

I'm not a 'piano player" & it is my least used sound, although I might use pedals when recording in studio for certain parts if needed but not on stage, I hate carrying & hooking up EXTRA anything,....and for my style of playing no need for any pedals...we all do it different.We have discussed this many times in past threads years ago, please do a search.

Edited by Dnj (01/21/12 08:28 AM)

#336902 - 01/21/12 08:45 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Donny...I was wondering how you did any legato parts on piano, but your explanation certainly explicates why.

Personally, I can't live without a sustain pedal (always carry a spare), and I use it for many other sounds besides the piano, but to each his own.

Ian

#336905 - 01/21/12 09:45 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I am forgetting about the pedal right now.
I have hooked up my KMA to my Nord and want to control chords with my Nord, but want to have Nord sounds.
Global ch 1
lower ch 3

The Nord controls the arranger alright but brings down KMA sound accross the board.

I am not any midi expert and I have no idea about this.

Hi Bernie,

I am not familiar with the Nord, but any particular reason that you did not hook it up to your Audya ? I understand that the Nord has a split midi transmit channel ?
Of course you have to ask yourself what you want to achieve in the first place with your (master) keyboard. Just the chord/style play of the Korg Micro or also the rendering of the upper sounds ?
Personally I think the wisest set up eventually is what I called the "definitve set up", which is simply hooking up Chord/style only. See my explanation on page 8 of my webpages. But like I said what is your final aim here ?

regards,
John

http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/page-8-hooking-up-your-micro-to-major-arranger-keyboard.html

#336906 - 01/21/12 09:53 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

If the micro is anything like its big brothers, then as with any Korg, the pedal to buy is Korg's EC-5. Five pedals fully assignable to many functions.

#336907 - 01/21/12 10:03 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: 124]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
If the micro is anything like its big brothers, then as with any Korg, the pedal to buy is Korg's EC-5. Five pedals fully assignable to many functions.

True, but it does not handle VOLUME, beware !!

John

#336916 - 01/21/12 11:01 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: john smies]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John

The reason for not using the Audya, is that I gear everything for gig performance. In short, I can't see the advantage of adding the KMA with the inherent complication. The Audya is light years ahead of it.

On the other hand, the Korg is fun and different. I am an old organ man that wants to add styles, midi, and other solo sounds for a light setup using the Nord with my Ventilator and KMA.

For starters, I would like to be able to play a chord on my Nord and receive just the chord recognition from the Korg, not extraneous sounds in addition.

I want to start off controlling each one separately except for the above, but I don't know how to set the Korg midi.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (01/21/12 11:02 AM)

#336918 - 01/21/12 11:18 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
john smies Offline

Bernie,

Any chance of you mailing me the manual of the Korg ?
If not please specify what Nord we are talking about, perhaps I
can find the manual on the internet ?

regards,
John

P.S. I just had someone from Pennsylvania who receives his Micro today and also ordered my Resources. I will keep you posted on his progress

#336925 - 01/21/12 11:52 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

John
By the wording in your post I was not sure what manual you wanted. Anyway, here is what I have.

Nord Electro2
http://www.clavia.se/nordelectro/Files/NordElectro2ManualV2_1Eng.pdf

Korg Microarranger: http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?search=microarranger

Bernie

#336934 - 01/21/12 12:31 PM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
john smies Offline

Hi Bernie

in as much as I understand the Nord manual, in particular page 34 , you should set the lower Channel to e.g. channel 4. This should correspond to your setting of the Korg as described on my webpages:
GLOBAL EDIT MODE>> PAGE 7: MIDI IN CONTROLS: chord 1 : midi channel 4

Then I you should set the Midi Channel ( is the main channel on the Nord) completely OFF.

In this way you should have the Korg acc. on the lower keys of the Nord,
the upper sounds of both instruments on each respective upper half .
At least that would be my way of reasoning.....

I am off now, speak to you tomorrow.

John

#336935 - 01/21/12 12:39 PM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

I solved the problem by going to the Global Midi in page and turned off Ch 1 assignment. I now have the setup I was after.

Bernie

Sorry John, I posted before I saw yours. Thank you. It's the result that counts.

I will work further with you as I get used to the Korg

Edited by Bernie9 (01/21/12 12:42 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online