SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#336882 - 01/21/12 07:27 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Do any of you use a volume pedal ? Mine don't seem to work.

Sorry Bernie I cant help you I use no pedals at all.....I'm sure someone who does can give you some advice...good luck with your new KMA.

#336884 - 01/21/12 07:34 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am forgetting about the pedal right now.
I have hooked up my KMA to my Nord and want to control chords with my Nord, but want to have Nord sounds.
Global ch 1
lower ch 3

The Nord controls the arranger alright but brings down KMA sound accross the board.

I am not any midi expert and I have no idea about this.

#336886 - 01/21/12 07:39 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Ian
Very good question about the sudden interest. It struck me that Korg might be slimming down their profit margin to introduce the masses to their keyboards. I know I would not have gotten one except for the specs and price point.

More later

Bernie

Thanks Bernie.

I suppose the important thing is that anyone already owning a PA-50SD (on which the new microArranger is based) would be advised to follow this thread and see if there are any tips and tricks that may apply to their instrument.

I also wondered if the instrument (PA-50SD) was received here on SZ with the same excitement as the KMA (thanks Tony) back when it was introduced, but that was way back in 2002 or so, and I wasn't even a member here, or at the very least, a new member.

I also wonder what goodies could be found on the Korg Forums, but haven't checked back that far.

Since John Smies has indicated, in another thread, that this elderly model is still being produced along with the KMA (thanks again, Tony), it would certainly be of interest to those not liking the small keys, to have a sincere look at the PA-50SD, especially if Korg reduces the price.

Certainly buying a PA-50SD would be as cheap as getting a microArranger and a controller with full size (normal) keys?

Ian

#336887 - 01/21/12 07:40 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

I have hooked up my KMA to my Nord and want to control chords with my Nord, but want to have Nord sounds.
Global ch 1
lower ch 3

The Nord controls the arranger alright but brings down KMA sound accross the board.

Bernie...again I never midi anything as far as keyboards so even though I would love to help you I would suggest you seek assistance with John Smies or anyone with MIDI intelligence.
Aside from that have you played the KMA thru a big PA yet?.. or compared it to your other KB's in your arsenal?

#336891 - 01/21/12 08:03 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: ianmcnll]
Bernie9 Offline

Ian

I hear you, and it may be valid to get an PA50SD for some, but isn't it around $750 or so ? OTOH, dragging a controller around is excess baggage. I would midi to an active keyboard like John says, and do double duty with the master.

I am now getting my Nord working with the KMA. Two small, light KB's and one heck of a good sound. I just have to iron a few wrinkls out.

Bernie

#336892 - 01/21/12 08:04 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Global ch 1
lower ch 3

You could try posting on Korg Forums, Bernie...perhaps someone familiar with the KMA (thanks Tony) and/or the PA-50SD could help.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php

Ian

#336893 - 01/21/12 08:11 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Donny

I have KMA and Nord hooked up to Bose L1. It is a great sound. A comparison to my Audya sounds is less than stellar, but good in some cases. For example, the styles are real good in many cases, but then, they are new to me and get the creative juices flowing.

Many of the sounds are as good, if not better than other boards I have had. A few are a bit cheesy, but not many.

It is the best $450 I ever spent, I know that.

Bernie

#336894 - 01/21/12 08:15 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Ian

I hear you, and it may be valid to get an PA50SD for some, but isn't it around $750 or so ? OTOH, dragging a controller around is excess baggage. I would midi to an active keyboard like John says, and do double duty with the master.

I am now getting my Nord working with the KMA. Two small, light KB's and one heck of a good sound. I just have to iron a few wrinkls out.

Bernie

Perfect set up, Bernie!

I was just considering those who may not have an active, standard sized key, keyboard already, and would be considering a KMA (thanks Tony) and adding a controller.

Maybe with the introduction of the microArranger, the full-sized key PA-50SD will get a reduction in price?

After seeing what can be done on the KMA (thanks again, Tony) the PA-50SD may look attractive to those wanting those features.

Ian

#336895 - 01/21/12 08:20 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Donny

I have KMA and Nord hooked up to Bose L1. It is a great sound. A comparison to my Audya sounds is less than stellar, but good in some cases. For example, the styles are real good in many cases, but then, they are new to me and get the creative juices flowing.

Many of the sounds are as good, if not better than other boards I have had. A few are a bit cheesy, but not many.

It is the best $450 I ever spent, I know that.

Bernie

Thanx Bernie .... I love the KMA mini keys...no problem for this PRO to play at all as is any keyboard keys..the pure fact that at $499.00 this KMA can even be talked about in the same breath as arrangers costing 10x the price is unheard of.......btw which NORD are you using.... they are excellent KBS!

Edited by Dnj (01/21/12 08:20 AM)

#336897 - 01/21/12 08:24 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Do any of you use a volume pedal ? Mine don't seem to work.

Sorry Bernie I cant help you I use no pedals at all.....I'm sure someone who does can give you some advice...good luck with your new KMA.

Amazing...no pedals at all?

How do you do piano parts on an arranger without a sustain pedal?

Ian

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online