SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#336247 - 01/15/12 04:37 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Thanks Eddie for clearing that up.

Tom

#336366 - 01/16/12 10:48 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony....I've been viewing Jack Cannon's site all weekend. It's painfully slow for me....takes about an hour to watch just one video. He's using MIDI files, or rather he's playing over MIDI files. He's a good player, but not as good as I originally thought. The Audya is doing a lot of the work (more power to the Audya), but I still like his ideas (playing In the Mood with the left hand, etc).

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
you need to watch Robert Messier, if you watch Robert live you will buy an Audya.

Tony, where would I find the Robert Messier videos and can you tell me about him? I'd like to see what other good players are doing with their Audya's.
[/quote]

Pity you don't have skype we could talk.

I could telephone you in England if you want. I have a friend I call regularly there. I'd like to hear what's happening, who's playing, etc over there with the Audya.

Mark if you think he is playing with mp3 you will need to look at the led on the far right of the KB there are 8 slider and mp3 is the 3rd in from the left I can only see one piece he is playing where the led is flashing.

Tony.....that was a very good observation. I never thought about that on other keyboards even. Good thing to look out for.

Mark Jack plays the piano accordion too, just found a clip.

He's a good accordionist, but more a pianist. I think his major is the piano. He's not playing much left hand on the accordion.

Have you or anyone figured out yet what he does as an Audya player? I've pretty much translated a lot of his site, but I still can't figure out what his act is? gigs.....shows.....concerts, etc?

If his name is Jack Cannon, is he Italian or American?

BTW, I've been very familiar with Ketrons for the last few years. Been watching the messages about them and demos closely. I was going to buy one but the faulty "track record" got me concerned in the beginning.

No matter how you slice the pie, that keyboard puts everything else to shame in my book. I'm really thinking about buying one now as I would have no problem doing what this fellow does. Great keyboard for expressing yourself!

BTW...I don't think that short demo of his playing jazz piano is him. It doesn't sound like his style. But...I could be wrong...maybe he IS a very versatile player?

Mark

#336367 - 01/16/12 11:00 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Mark,

Would love to talk on the phone, but isn't that rather expensive, anyway he is not playing every piece with MP3 look close and you will see the MP Led flashing if he is, I can only see a few. There are some demos from Portugal when the Audya was released, some good players off the street. I think Jack is the best I have seen and heard, no one on SZ has ever post demos like these (visual/audible), not with the range Jack has also, I think he's Italian if you want I will ask him today. If you send me a private message I will give you my phone number, tell me where you live and I can work out the time shift.

mark this is Robert Messier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaU027g6cY4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tOMYgRbrP0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQKQKslJD-8&feature=related

Post by TWD I think whist Robert was in the UK, I heard him play live and he is the best and onehell of a
gent.

Ketron Portugal, old demo 2 years back this guy is good and funny watch them all if you can think 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfdGUMaKI...13B34DC7A20D102

mark start here for those Portugal demos, 2 years back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWTPfn6DIfE&feature=related

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336445 - 01/17/12 10:20 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
His name is Jack Cannon, and I think he's Italian, anyway here are two more videos:

A Four Brothers Medley:

Not sure if it's a midi or style...Could he be using an MP3 backing track ?

And here he is playing the accordion, and I'm certain an mp3 backing track is used.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#336446 - 01/17/12 10:35 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: lahawk]
Tony Hughes Offline

HI Larry,

I emailed Jack that's his stage name, told me all about his Audya he is going to keep in touch I hope, he's posted a lot of stuff and I think he will be doing much more, I also know there is going to be much more coming in the way of Audya demos watch this space... is Jack playing the Accordion on the toilet???

BTW Larry, there's a near new KMA going very cheap rotfl somewhere near you if you are interested in playing an arranger sat on the toilet, you can do it to the Rumba or would a Tango feel better, very therapeutic.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336472 - 01/18/12 07:05 AM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
BTW Larry, there's a near new KMA going very cheap rotfl somewhere near you if you are interested in playing an arranger sat on the toilet, you can do it to the Rumba or would a Tango feel better, very therapeutic.Tony

HA-ha....you're right, Philly is not far for a pickup. Seriously I'm trying to obtain a "loaner" through the music store

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online