SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#336502 - 01/18/12 10:46 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
When is Fran expecting his microArranger?

Or, did he get it already?

Ian

#336503 - 01/18/12 10:50 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Dnj
The three of us learn from each other and that makes it fun.

Making it Fun ! grin :

+10 dancers

#336504 - 01/18/12 10:58 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: ianmcnll]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I think you and Fran should be working with John Smies and let him help you both get the maximum out of your microArrangers, before you decide to return them (or whatever).

Ian

It is not for lack of offering.................

regards
John

#336509 - 01/18/12 11:23 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Some people just want to do things their own way, I guess, John.

I'd hate to see them return or sell instruments that could have been made to sound at their best with just a little touch of expertise.

Ian

#336514 - 01/18/12 12:04 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Donny

Glad you decided to keep the micro I went out yesterday and bought one on the strenth of your recommendation (LOL). I'm led to believe one of the first in the UK. Seriously I have had a good day sorting and adapting the styles to match as close as I can to the Pa2x styles we use normally.

The rig is now MicroArranger + Harmony M + Shure WH20, first gig tomorrow. I'll do my best to record as much as I can and "IF" it sounds Ok I'll post the results (Fingers Crossed)

Having owned Korg keyboards for many years the operating system wasn't to much of a problem though not having a touch screen certainly was a change. Up to now the small keys are not proving a problem at all.

Doing a direct comparison with some of the styles on the Pa2x, about half a dozen of the styles we use are the same on both boards, to my ears there is very little difference which is pleasant suprise it makes the change over a lot simpler.

I'll see what tomorrow brings

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (01/18/12 12:11 PM)

#336516 - 01/18/12 12:27 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: ianmcnll]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ian,
by sounds of things it might have been a spur of the moment decision to sell.

Sorry Donny, you can speak for yourself, but i think maybe you've been getting a bit frustrated over a particular issue.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/336124/2/KORG_help_to_assign_a_leslie_r

I for one, every now & again do a bit of a dummy spit & wonder why I bother when I can't do something I want.
I pack the dam thing up & don't go near it for a week or until such time as I have a brainstorm & attack it from a different angle. I don't dare sell my keyboard, as I may not be allowed to replace it haahaa.

The leslie issue, no one to date has been able to help.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/336124/2/KORG_help_to_assign_a_leslie_r

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I think you and Fran should be working with John Smies and let him help you both get the maximum out of your microArrangers, before you decide to return them (or whatever).

Ian

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336520 - 01/18/12 12:59 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Well, he is looking for a PA800 too.

#336521 - 01/18/12 01:00 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Donny

Glad you decided to keep the micro I went out yesterday and bought one on the strenth of your recommendation (LOL). I'm led to believe one of the first in the UK. Seriously I have had a good day sorting and adapting the styles to match as close as I can to the Pa2x styles we use normally.

The rig is now MicroArranger + Harmony M + Shure WH20, first gig tomorrow. I'll do my best to record as much as I can and "IF" it sounds Ok I'll post the results (Fingers Crossed)

Having owned Korg keyboards for many years the operating system wasn't to much of a problem though not having a touch screen certainly was a change. Up to now the small keys are not proving a problem at all.

Doing a direct comparison with some of the styles on the Pa2x, about half a dozen of the styles we use are the same on both boards, to my ears there is very little difference which is pleasant suprise it makes the change over a lot simpler.

I'll see what tomorrow brings

Regards

Col

Col...Congrats on you new KMA clap ...I'm glad I changed my mind also..it sounds so good. Looks like you wont need help setting up as you are already familiar with the KORG OS...
I wish you Good Luck...you'll be surprised on what that Lil' unit can do.
Please Keep us posted

#336523 - 01/18/12 01:08 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Ian,
by sounds of things it might have been a spur of the moment decision to sell.Sorry Donny, you can speak for yourself, but i think maybe you've been getting a bit frustrated over a particular issue.

Rikki you hit it right on the head darthvader .....& I also appreciate all your help also thank you...I have no patience with gear which is nothing new.. whistle in fact the scenario inspired me to bring the KMA into the studio and tweak/edit a few styles make some very good performances to my liking for stage use I'm now halfway done with my setup......for me at this time the KMA is going top make a solid backup KB.

#336528 - 01/18/12 01:31 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Thanks Donny

(BIG SMILE) John C.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online