SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#336269 - 01/15/12 09:24 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm anxious to learn if/how you are able to resolve that problem.
Perhaps resident Korg expert John Smies will have the answer. smile

#336272 - 01/15/12 10:42 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: Scottyee]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
he's obviously very familiar with the workings of it.
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...s_Mu#Post335836

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I'm anxious to learn if/how you are able to resolve that problem.
Perhaps resident Korg expert John Smies will have the answer. smile

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336275 - 01/16/12 01:15 AM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: rikkisbears]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Thanks for the compliment but there are many areas even with Korg that I could not be considered an expert really. ( I won't enumerate) but let's hope that in the areas I do know about a lot I will be able to help folks out.

Having read Bruno's comments here about me I am beginning to feel slightly awkward. Do not get me wrong it is great to be appreciated and I will help out wherever I can but at present I am lumbered with very poor health on account of which I have not even yet hooked up my secondhand PSR3000 which I bought early December to my Korg PA800. And of course I do not have the Micro at my disposal so have to resort to the manual and all that I remember from the days when I had the PA50. So Donny knows I cannot help him on this one.

A few things stand out however in the treads about the Micro here on SZ and that is what puzzles me. I would say that the two most important things to do with the Micro once you have gotten hold of it are to connect it to a major normal size keyboard and have it work properly that way ( see my contributions in the other treads on this) and second to sample everything that is in it and either start programming and tweaking or get my Resources and take it from there.
But one way or another you will have to familiarize yourselves with both the MIDI and the structure of SAVING/LOADING data in every detail.
That to me seems paramount on the outset. And of course how to tweak styles and sounds.
I wonder if Scott or Donny have meanwhile managed to hook up the Micro to their Yamahas ???

Best wishes,
John Smies

#336285 - 01/16/12 04:36 AM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Hi John,....No I havn't hooked it up to my Yamaha or would want to. Now I have one keyboard that sounds like a compressed polished CD.....and another that sounds like a LIVE band.
With me on stage LESS gear is More....I am not a MIDI up my KB's kind of player, I hate alot of wires, modules, or whatever, at one point had 4 KB's stacked to drag around & set up nightly with the band years ago and hated that hassle where now I can do it with one solo. I am taking my time setting up the microARRANGER for solo performance, Haven't used it on stage since NYE. But it's a fun instrument to play and really gives me inspiration with it's LIVE sound & styles.

#336345 - 01/16/12 04:41 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: john smies]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi John,
sorry misunderstanding. I wasn't meaning the midiing of the 2 keyboards
I was actually reffering to the fact that you mentioned you've programmed for the PA50. I was hoping maybe you've come up against Donny's problem before .

Unfortunately I'm not into really into programing performances etc, I just use the factory ones & change the odd sound. Plus I've never owned a PA50.

I know how frustrating it must be for Donny, when you just can't get something to work the way you think it should.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336355 - 01/16/12 05:35 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Fran has suggested that with the very limited 4 fx slots on KORGS A/B C/D.....I would have to remove some fx on the other sounds to leave room for the rotary fx on the organs....that's my next scenario I will try.

#336360 - 01/16/12 06:47 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
worth a try. Has Fran got his yet?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336362 - 01/16/12 06:54 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
worth a try. Has Fran got his yet?

Hi Rikki .......today is a National Holiday here in the USA Martin Luther King Day....so there are no deliveries.......
he is scheduled to receive his NEW KORG microARRANGER tomorrow afternoon so stay tuned.......

#336365 - 01/16/12 07:55 PM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Donny

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336372 - 01/17/12 12:59 AM Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? [Re: rikkisbears]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Donny and Riki,

I hear you loud and clear.
Well as to the programming of the Micro I can only say look at my offer on my webpages ( page 7), none will live to regret it.

As to hooking up your Micro to whichever main keyboard that you are playing I understand what Donny is saying. Nevertheless you guys are absolutely shortchanging yourselves. I willl not elaborate at this point but wait until Larry, Bernie, Scott and others have acquired theirs and then try and bring home the usefulness of it in a special tread dedicated to this.

For now : happy playing !

John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online