Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#336201 - 01/14/12 10:35 PM the Bach Toccata played on the Audya
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony Hughes posted about this Ketron demo....it's incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtqRwNPGl74&feature=related

I'm VERY interested all over again in purchasing an Audya, especially now that one can bring a MicroARRANGER along as a backup.

Does anyone in the group speak Italian and can tell me what he is saying/doing on his home page?:

http://jackcannon.xoom.it/

Is he playing on the Audya the scenes that I see in the video? Does he say what kind of shows he does with his keyboard? Would he be using all MIDI files?

I've been considering for a while now doing a show like that, but I don't think there's a market for it here. I'm assuming he's working only in Europe? Is that what his schedule says?

Anything and everything you can tell me that you get off the site would be appreciated? Otherwise I'll have to take an Italian for Dummies course!

#336203 - 01/14/12 10:55 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Mark,

How did you find this site, yes the Audya is perhps the best arranger on the market today, glad you like it, just does not have full blown support like other arrangers and there have been some bad times on the way, most problems appear to be solved now, but this chap hell can he make the audya talk, these demos take some beating I am sure even Mr T will perhaps agree, don't know if he has seen them yet. Mark some on this guy work are not SZer cup of tea, but this chap is very adaptable. I keep looking at the Pa3x, but does it sound any better than this, no, the Pa3x looks much better the Audya, much smaller, not as heavy. Those are is recordings, they are the same.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336204 - 01/14/12 10:57 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

I did a Google "translate" on this home page:

http://jackcannon.xoom.it/

...and came up with this (but I'm not sure what he's saying!):

THE PIANO OUT OF THE CHOIR

When the art of sounds becomes the dominant background to show

Forget for a moment the usual commercial songs of Sanremo and prepared for a fascinating trip to the Big Music, the timeless, one that everyone knows that everyone loves, which is never broadcast on television or radio, reported today in the light to be carried out strictly live proceeding with a completely innovative, unusual and original.

Watch this short movie to the end: understand better the value of this unique product that defining revolutionary is an understatement and you have a picture of the situation carefully LIVE today you may have in your establishment.

#336205 - 01/14/12 11:06 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Try This, looks like jack bought the Audya 12 year ago

http://www.youtube.com/abaco62/#g/u

Mark are you on skype
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336206 - 01/14/12 11:11 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Mark79100 Offline

Hi Tony...thanks for your additional comments here. I'm really fascinated with what this guy is doing. Thanks for posting it.....that's how I found it!

Could you explain your comments further? I don't have a high-speed connection so I can't go from video to video checking everything out that he does.

Are you saying the following?"

Yes, I'm aware of the Audya "poor" track record. But, they've (Ketron) now cleaned up their act?

You said: "this chap is very adaptable." I'm assuming he's playing all that music I hear?

You said: "Those are is recordings, they are the same.

Tony...the same as what? Did he make MIDI files to play or is he playing all this live? Or live "over" MIDI files?

I think DJN mentioned he's in other places on Youtube?

P.S. the only major thing I'm unhappy with about the Audya is the "pitch wheel" location. It appears you've got to have a pretty long arm to reach it!

Mark

#336207 - 01/14/12 11:17 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Mark,

I have just listened those bit sound the same as on the video, if it only the pitch wheel your worried about, sound like is playing live to not certain he is using files, mark the Audya is mind blowing in the right hands, you need to watch Robert
Messier, if you watch Robert live you will buy an Audya. Pity you don't have skype we could talk.

Mark if you think he is playing with mp3 you will need to look at the led on the far right of the KB there are 8 slider and mp3 is the 3rd in from the left I can only see one piece he is playing where the led is flashing.

Mark Jack plays the piano accordion too, just found a clip.

Mark perhaps this should go over to the SZ Ketron, most are not interested in this type of work here

Tony

#336230 - 01/15/12 09:29 AM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
The video is labeled incorrectly. It is Toccata in D not E.

Tom

#336231 - 01/15/12 09:39 AM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom Cavanaugh
The video is labeled incorrectly. It is Toccata in D not E.

Tom,

The most important thing is can you play it like he did, I couldn't give a toss what is typed in the title, it is what it's played like. Tom play it again with your eyes closed so you won't see the title and what does it sound like. Now, if it doesn’t sound right or out of key then it's your ears that are the problem.

BTW I spotted he played a couple of notes wrong but I wasn’t going to mention it, just in case the roof came down on me.

Anyway Tom you have a SD1 give it a go in D or E will do I won't know the difference.

Tony

#336233 - 01/15/12 10:37 AM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
[quote=Tom Cavanaugh]The video is labeled incorrectly. It is Toccata in D not E.

Just for the sake of pedantry.....in the title Toccata E Fugue, E means 'and' in Italian......IOW "Toccata and Fugue" wave

#336237 - 01/15/12 12:41 PM Re: the Bach Toccata played on the Audya [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Great Eddie,

And there endeth the first lesson Tom, E before D except after Zeee. blush

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online