SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#33615 - 06/05/08 05:18 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
luv to know if either of you has managed to mute any of the sd2 channels in a multi module setup.
ie have the sd2 receive data on just say channels 1, 2, 3, 4 but not on the rest.
Question came up a while back, I just couldn't get it work yet I think I had the correct codes.
Don't know if the manual may be incorrect, or the sd2 won't accept the codes, or I just plain got it wrong, though I did get my sd1 to work with using these codes.

Quite honestly I don't understand them I was just trying to copy from the manual.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/017334.html

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NigelSpiers:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#33616 - 06/05/08 05:48 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Nigel,
Sorry for this OT question, but WHERE did you get the VMK from?? I am in Australia and cannot find a dealer anywhere!!!??

I can only find supplies from the USA and because of the weight they will not ship.

Any help if you can would be appreciated so I can track one of these down.

Thanks

Dennis

#33617 - 06/05/08 06:48 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
NigelSpiers Offline

Loc: Christchurch, Canterbury, New ...
To Rikkisbears:
I havn't tried this because I don't have multiple sound modules.

To Midden:
Yes i can help here - I am in NZ and no Fatar dealer here either. I purchased mine from the US from a company called Audiomidi in California and they shipped to NZ no problems although the freight was significant.

#33618 - 06/05/08 07:09 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks Nigel, I will check them out..

Dennis

#33619 - 06/05/08 08:30 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hey guys,
I tried a lot of MIDI boards before settling on the CME UF 70 (76 key) The action is excellant, and is pretty quiet. The vel and aftertouch work very nicely.

But, I did not need a lot of controllers as I use it as a second manual under my T2 and/or PA2. But the action is the best I could find.

I did not try the VMK, because I wanted something easy to put under the PA2.

Lee

#33620 - 06/06/08 06:10 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Also, MIDI CC 11 is expression, why would it control chorus?

Ooops.

Typo on my part, sorry, the rotor for the MIDI bank tonewheel organ patches is controlled by the Chorus, which is CC93.

Why the Chorus controls slow rotor depth is something only the Ketron lab is likely to be able to answer, but that's what happens here.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33621 - 06/06/08 06:15 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
--Mac Offline

Quote:
Have you got any suggestions or alternatives.

Well, as I mentioned over on the pgmusic off-topic forum to you, I'm looking to pick up another M-Audio Keystation Pro-88 keyboard controller.

Had one here in the studio, let a fellow who was headed out on the road talk me out of it, but it would do all those tasks easily, I think. Not a bad 'board, I could live with it onstage or in the studio. Some players put a lot into the feel of the weighted action on different keyboards, if you are one of those, then I heartily suggest trying to find one in a music store to try out first. If you can.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33622 - 06/07/08 03:17 AM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Mac,
wonderful to see you on the Synthzone forum.
Wasn't sure it was you, till till you mentioned pg.
We can always do with some extra help. haahaa.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by --Mac:
[B]
Well, as I mentioned over on the pgmusic .

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#33623 - 06/07/08 08:33 AM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
--Mac Offline

'Twas a pleasure to see that you are here, rikkisbears.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

--Mac

#33624 - 06/08/08 02:49 PM Re: Ketron SD2 & Rotor Settings
NigelSpiers Offline

Loc: Christchurch, Canterbury, New ...
Hi Mac,

1. CC93 - Thanks I'll give it a go. Look forward to your news from Ketron re fast rotor CC.

2. M-Audio 88 Pro workstation - yes this is well spec'd and reasonably priced. However I was put off by the negative reviews on Harmony Central especially relating to the velocity sensing of the keyboard which apparently is very poor. We all know how bad it is to have a keyboard with a few bum notes that you have to play around all the time (too loud, too quiet or wrongly sampled tone which does not match the rest of the key tones) so I did not progress it any further.

Best Regards

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online