SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18 >
Topic Options
#335635 - 01/08/12 10:06 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Mark,

I never thought that anyone would post something they have not done and say they had, at least of all Donny. I must admit I have not seen him play on video and the demos were seamless, not one slip up, not one note wrong, not one glitch and as Ian said getting use to those small keys in hours, well I don’t know. Maybe we could ask him to do it again and video it, second time might even be better, now he's had it 2 weeks, hell we need to know the Mini Arranger is being made to look like it’s better than it is, in fact if you listen to the demo the fingering sounds like a 20 year old, my brain won't make my fingers go that fast anymore, you got me thinking now Mark. Hell I was thinking of buying one so I could set fire to it, if they only had one on the Titanic the entire band could have got in the life boats and most would still be posting on SZ.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#335645 - 01/09/12 02:55 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Tony
That's pretty good

#335647 - 01/09/12 03:33 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
I hear lots of Korg intro's and endings

Regards

Col

#335650 - 01/09/12 05:41 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Saswick]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Are we talking about DNJ? From the first time I heard him play I had the feeling that he was a solid musician laced with the gift of music that few have. This GUY is a PRO!

The basses of my opinion is a long career of 60 years as a pro musician. The majority of my playing jobs were in high end places. My playing career was very close to the career of Russ (Capt. Russ) varied from places like the Play Boy Club in Manhattan to a few opportunities on TV.

John C.

#335654 - 01/09/12 07:37 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I'm sorry if some people don't believe that I performed recorded that simple 5 min demo on the Micro arranger.....all live Korg factory styles and STS sounds.. no SMF.....It saddens me to even think anyone would think otherwise. John C thank you for the kudos...I have nothing to prove to any of you ...I'm just a pro musician making a living playing & singing my friends....have a nice day.

#335657 - 01/09/12 09:03 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: bruno123]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: bruno123
Are we talking about DNJ? From the first time I heard him play I had the feeling that he was a solid musician laced with the gift of music that few have. This GUY is a PRO!

The basses of my opinion is a long career of 60 years as a pro musician. The majority of my playing jobs were in high end places. My playing career was very close to the career of Russ (Capt. Russ) varied from places like the Play Boy Club in Manhattan to a few opportunities on TV.

John C.

I think the problem is that most of the skeptics are newer members, John, and aren't (or weren't) aware that Donny also plays arranger, mainly because he promotes himself more as a "singer", or perhaps an "entertainer", as he also uses SMF, MP3's (and the occasional chicken hat) wink and even does a bit of DJ'ing as well...he says he is a very, very busy guy and even has to post on SZ from his gigs.

When we see Telmo and Joost videos, we are totally aware of their prodigious talent (and their modesty as well), and, are immediately immersed in what they are all about...as far as I know, Donny has never posted a video of him playing solo on the arranger, so, I suppose it may be difficult for some newcomers to see him in that light.

Donny is a very modest guy, and never boasts about his arranger playing.

John, have you been to any of Donny's gigs and/or seen him play?

Ian

#335659 - 01/09/12 09:11 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have "jammed" with DNJ. He can PLAY.
DonM

#335660 - 01/09/12 09:20 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

In all my years on SZ, I don't ever remember hearing (or seeing) Donny play solo arranger...I've heard him sing many times (usually over a SMF), and he is a fine vocalist, but his skills as an arranger player are relatively unknown to me, and no doubt, many others who have not had the pleasure of jamming with him, or attending one of his shows.

I do know he says he's always working, so that must mean something?

Ian

#335661 - 01/09/12 09:32 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Mark79100]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

I did say those Demos that Donny played on the fly and recorded for us when he had only had the board a day before tells me two things, First Donny is a genius on the keys, and secondly he made it sound awesome, in fact his demos are better than anything I have heard so far, I would suggest he sends the demos to Korg and tells them that's how it should be done, they were brilliant, I thought he might have hit at least one note wrong with those tiny keys,
Tony

Tony,

You've got a long way to go to convince me that DNJ did those demo's "live" within a day of taking the unit out of the box. I'm also a professional accordionist. The French musette part of that demo sounds suspiciously like a MIDI file. It takes me hours to adjust my fingering from the full size piano keys to the smaller accordion keys to play that French music. More power to DNJ if that's what he did on the spot....I just won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Mark

Mark, Donny has been playing a long time, and, although I haven't actually seen him play arranger, he must be one of those rare people who can instantly adapt to any size keyboard (and any type action) within a very short time after taking it out of the box.

I am like you in that it takes me hours to get used to going from a very small keyboard to a full size (and vice versa), but there are those able to do it...Scott Yee has personally told me, that it's difficult, but not impossible...he also has a microArranger and really likes it a lot.

I'd rather stay with keys of the same size, if at all possible.

Ian

#335662 - 01/09/12 09:33 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: ianmcnll]
Jackieh Offline

I don't know Donny and I am relatively new to Synthzone but I find questioning his playing totally reprehensible.

If you have nothing to say that is useful say nothing!!!

Great Day

Jack

Edited by Jackieh (01/09/12 09:34 AM)

Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online