SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18 >
Topic Options
#335340 - 01/04/12 09:49 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: musicforyourday]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Jamman looks like you are form so cal as well , good to see another arrfanger guy so close.

I havent seen Microarranger in local GC or SA yet.I'm sure George has it.

#335342 - 01/04/12 09:55 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: jamman]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
George has it on his floor that is where i played it.

#335379 - 01/05/12 01:58 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

All I can say is the more I dig in and really play this Micro Arranger the more I like it...I got the S910 side by side and let me tell you the Micro can hold its own against the big guys sound & style wise, feature wise of course there's more on the Yammy but let's face it it 5x the price, the Micro has more then enough bells & whistles to enjoy playing also.....there is a difference in that the KORG sounds more Live like a real band vs the compressed tight CD sound of the Yamaha units...both are very good,just different. KORG did a nice job bringing out this MICRO line of instruments......

#335383 - 01/05/12 02:59 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm frustrated!!! frown confused confused1 confused2 mad
What's the difference between the Song and Song Play buttons? I haven't been able to load a song from the SONG button. None of my SMFs have numbers. I keep getting the LOAD, then EXIT sign. Also, can't load two files into A & B sequencers. I can load songs from SONG PLAY, but it's nothing as quick as Yammy or Roland. AND, where the hell are these extra performance tracks? All I've been able to do is edit a channel and play it live, but that's not right.

Style playing is pretty straightforward, no real problems.Tell me how to do this stuff, refer me to a page number. Email me, FB message me, call me (734-285-1170), just help me get past this plateau so I can enjoy my Micro to its fullest.

#335384 - 01/05/12 03:00 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I would seriously consider the Microarranger as a controller and sound source with the Midjay Plus. I've always liked the Korg sounds, and the styles and SMF playback of the Ketron. I've happily used the Midjay Plus/PA800 combo for a couple of years. The combo is a good match and allows me to have a back up to the MJ under my finger tips as wall as a good deal variety when I need it. Although the Midjay is my main piece, I do use many of the Korg styles on a regular basis.
Ciao,
Jerry

#335402 - 01/05/12 06:27 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: cassp]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Cass,
from what I gather , it's SONG PLAY MODE you require for midifiles

I think the SONG button has more to do with your own song recordings.

page 14 explains what song play mode does.

page 33 goes into more detail.

I think you load the midifiles from your card.

Sorry can't be of more help, I don't own one, & it's a different procedure to my pa800/pa3x.

Originally Posted By: cassp
I'm frustrated!!! frown confused confused1 confused2 mad
What's the difference between the Song and Song Play buttons? I haven't been able to load a song from the SONG button. None of my SMFs have numbers. I keep getting the LOAD, then EXIT sign. Also, can't load two files into A & B sequencers. I can load songs from SONG PLAY, but it's nothing as quick as Yammy or Roland. AND, where the hell are these extra performance tracks? All I've been able to do is edit a channel and play it live, but that's not right.

Style playing is pretty straightforward, no real problems.Tell me how to do this stuff, refer me to a page number. Email me, FB message me, call me (734-285-1170), just help me get past this plateau so I can enjoy my Micro to its fullest.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#335415 - 01/05/12 09:26 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
One thing I'm not understanding is why more of you are not talking about using a full size controller keyboard in conjunction with the MicroARRANGER. I've been considering buying a Casio Privia electronic piano which has a great keyboard feel. Now I have more incentive to buy one and use it with the Korg unit.

Are my missing something here? I don't think I'd be comfortable playing smaller keys. Years ago I did that with a very small Roland arranger keyboard (only 3 octaves and on the top tier of the stand) and a DX7 in front of me as the "controller."

Is there a reason I wouldn't do that today? Again......are my missing something here?

#335417 - 01/05/12 10:13 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Mark79100]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
One thing I'm not understanding is why more of you are not talking about using a full size controller keyboard in conjunction with the MicroARRANGER.

Hi Mark. Playing a full size keys controller would certainly be a preferable option, and something I may do when a small and light as possible setup isn't essential, but I was primarily drawn to the micro to quickly grab and spontaneously take out as an all in one piece to casual get togethers and quick weekend getaways, as well as situations I'd find too inconvenient to have to take my Tyros 4 and assoc gear to.

I'm quickly discovering that the microArranger's sound quality far exceeds what I would expect from an arranger in such a budget price range. Since I also own a full size key Roland 76 note controller, I look forward to playing the Korg microArr from that,
but having to drag the Roland around to gigs along with the microArr seems to defeat the purpose of the microArr's all in one portability. It's Too bad Korg doesn't offer a compact equally budget priced arr module of this as well.

#335420 - 01/05/12 11:01 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Scottyee]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Scott,

Thanks for you explanation here. I didn't stop to think that everyone right now is focused on the portability of the unit...the "carry it under your arm" convenience. And probably a great backup unit too.

I'm sure, as time goes by, we'll start hearing more about what controller keyboards everyone is "hooking up" to. I'll probably go ahead with that Casio myself. It's got a great piano sound IMO.

Mark

#335421 - 01/05/12 11:02 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

He Guys,
Come on let’s get real, what is going on here, this Korg Arranger is £430.00 in the UK, its 10% the cost of a Audya , 6 times cheaper than a Pa3x, 7 times cheaper than a T4, am I missing something here. Someone a while back said SZ was just one big P....ing competition is this what he meant. Do you guys really think that Korg put this on the market so you professionals could play it in front of an audience, never in the manner of man. You know, you see those big motor homes with a little motorbike strapped on the back, that’s what Korg made the mini arranger for., motor home owners???. Hell guys stop this nonsense you’re not showing yourselves in a good light and you’re not convincing me that this is a wolf in sheeps clothing, I am much too old for that. You’re having a little good time while it lasts. I will give Korg one thing, their sales and demo material is the best in the business, they gotcha!!! and you have parted with your hard earned cash, that's what it's all about.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online