SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >
Topic Options
#335293 - 01/04/12 12:31 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: ianmcnll]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
the guy who plays keys on "Daryl's House" uses a Nord on the bottom and a Korg micro on tom. I use a Korg Micro in top, but only for lead lines or left-handed bass. Been doing it for years, with no problems.

I'm ordering one Monday.

R.

#335296 - 01/04/12 01:06 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Here is pic of the keys ...they are just an inch or two shorter on the back end....the width is fine for playing.

Attachments
keys.jpg

Edited by Dnj (01/04/12 01:07 PM)

#335297 - 01/04/12 01:10 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Another nice feature on the Micro Arranger is that you write/save all your settings eg: STS, Track Vol, Sounds, etc, using the Mixer (Menu>Mixer) while your playing without any glitches....

I also ordered a nice affordable soft gig bag with dimensions close to the Micro Arranger size ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L6WY30/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Attachments
case.jpg

#335299 - 01/04/12 01:14 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Nice Padding....heavy duty zippers, dual front pouches.

Attachments
case2.jpg

#335301 - 01/04/12 01:45 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I also ordered a nice affordable soft gig bag with dimensions close to the Micro Arranger size ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L6WY30/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Hi Donny, thanks for your earlier recommendation of buying this case to me a couple of days ago, I went right ahead & ordered the exact same one (from the same Amazon vendor) too, but being on the West Coast, it won't arrive till earlier next week. I like that it's dimensions so closely matches the MicroArranger and that it includes solid zippers & good padding protection too.

Interesting to note that the one shown in the product link you gave shows the case as appearing grey, yet yours looks black. It'll be interesting to see if the one I get is grey or black. Either color will be fine with me. - Scott smile

#335303 - 01/04/12 01:52 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I would recommend playing Korg's microSTATION and microKORG Synth/Vocoder if the microARRANGER isn't yet available in your local store...the two former are out a while and should be on hand for a test drive to see if the keys will work for you, especially if you play chords in both hands...and, just to be sure, try a normal sized keyboard afterwards (or, even better, along with it) if you plan on using the microARRANGER in conjunction with another instrument with standard keys.

In other words, try these smaller keys before you buy...unless your dealer will give you some sort of return policy if it isn't to your satisfaction. These itty bitty keys don't work for everybody, especially if you have thick fingers and/or large hands.

Ian

#335306 - 01/04/12 02:21 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Scott the "grey look" is from the flash in the pic that they used to post the pic on amazon....they are all black..as you know how hard this size is too find I think we did pretty good for sure, its a quality bag at a great price! Enjoy !

#335331 - 01/04/12 09:20 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: ianmcnll]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I spent about 3 hours today on the Korg Micro and here are my thoughts .

First of all this keyboard for the price a great value, thay being said here is what I Think I have had lots of experence with arrangers 9000 pro, G70, s910, now Tyros 4 so this comes form that experence.

if this unit is used for fun and not pro playing it will work well I think if you are trying to compeat with the above keyboards it will be a disapointment Keys are very small but play very well, styles are ok some are better then others not a big selection but prob can find more I was not impressed by the song player so if you are going to use it for Midi Files it is just ok Yamaha still much better in my oppinion .
I found it kinda confusing to run out of the gate not as user frendly as yamaha Drums where Pretty good it will not work well with yamaha midi files there are serious maping issues and you will need to re map most of your song files if yopu use GM TUNE 1000 files they work much better so the midi file player a bit of a disapointment for me.

the one thing I was very Impressed with is the sound set Pianos and organs very good and the bar on side of keyboard controls the leslie action very good plus Yamaha should take note to do this so the organ sounds can be controled in this way The sound set very good in fact for 500.00 you would be hard pressed to find that anywhere thumbs up to korg for the sound , programing it after the learning curve should be easy but first impression seemed confusing to me reminded me of Casio and all the steps you need to do I have a Px3 and it seems like that a bit confusing at first after a 3 hour period I had it down pretty good but I did not buy it today i just felt it did not offer enough in the area of a song player and over all sound on the files I use most of my files are Yamaha comp so it did not work to well but for the price it is a great deal for the player who is just getting in or just want something new to play on but to use it in a pro setting prob not for me , but the over all sound of the patchs very impressive so for sounds i could see using it esp for the organ patches where yamaha is very week so I am mixed emotions on this little guy some will find it great some will not.

Edited by musicforyourday (01/04/12 09:23 PM)

#335335 - 01/04/12 09:38 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: musicforyourday]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I spent about 3 hours today on the Korg Micro and here are my thoughts .

First of all this keyboard for the price a great value, thay being said here is what I Think I have had lots of experence with arrangers 9000 pro, G70, s910, now Tyros 4 so this comes form that experence.

if this unit is used for fun and not pro playing it will work well I think if you are trying to compeat with the above keyboards it will be a disapointment Keys are very small but play very well, styles are ok some are better then others not a big selection but prob can find more I was not impressed by the song player so if you are going to use it for Midi Files it is just ok Yamaha still much better in my oppinion .
I found it kinda confusing to run out of the gate not as user frendly as yamaha Drums where Pretty good it will not work well with yamaha midi files there are serious maping issues and you will need to re map most of your song files if yopu use GM TUNE 1000 files they work much better so the midi file player a bit of a disapointment for me.

the one thing I was very Impressed with is the sound set Pianos and organs very good and the bar on side of keyboard controls the leslie action very good plus Yamaha should take note to do this so the organ sounds can be controled in this way The sound set very good in fact for 500.00 you would be hard pressed to find that anywhere thumbs up to korg for the sound , programing it after the learning curve should be easy but first impression seemed confusing to me reminded me of Casio and all the steps you need to do I have a Px3 and it seems like that a bit confusing at first after a 3 hour period I had it down pretty good but I did not buy it today i just felt it did not offer enough in the area of a song player and over all sound on the files I use most of my files are Yamaha comp so it did not work to well but for the price it is a great deal for the player who is just getting in or just want something new to play on but to use it in a pro setting prob not for me , but the over all sound of the patchs very impressive so for sounds i could see using it esp for the organ patches where yamaha is very week so I am mixed emotions on this little guy some will find it great some will not.

Overall sound/editing/seq edit and even song play, no issues.
The only problem is lack of fills ( only 2 and some sync issues, you need to go to global to set up) (busy orchestartion during fills)
and some over orchestated styles. Lack of simple 4/4 s8/16 /ballads (Eg. too much piano/bass riffs after 8 measures loop even you are playing basic simple stuff,when yammy shines with simple and easy to sing along styles. In other words, having Dave Weckl playing (Korg) compaed to Ringo Star - m playing (yamaha)ie: easier to fit songs in ).It does have more potential than any thing on the market with same or $ 300 more price range.This will sell like hot cakes if you create a good software that convert Yammy styles. Sound/seq editing not issue.Style /fills are the issues.
if you want converted yammy styles ( go to Irish acts) and choose under PA80/50 section.

What i se is, since it's cheap but capable (can write user styles/can load all user styles for all 320 slots including wipping out factory styles, all styles are in in RAM (like Korg syths) not ROM lile Yammy or Roland), more users, more 3rd party styles or decent conversions.

Edited by jamman (01/04/12 09:56 PM)

#335338 - 01/04/12 09:44 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: jamman]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Jamman looks like you are form so cal as well , good to see another arrfanger guy so close.

Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online