SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#334941 - 12/29/11 08:35 PM Elusive style
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Happy New Year Everyone. While you are all recovering from Christmas indulgence, can you please think of a good style for "The Waywood Wind". I have used a Country Shuffle but not too impressed. Very hot here. Perfect beach weather. Cheers. Jean Olivia

#334966 - 12/30/11 02:48 PM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Jean,
Happy New Year to You and Yours smile

I believe that the original 'style' for that song was a kind of Bolero..... I've listened to several versions on the Internet and most use a kind of Bolero style. One of your fellow countrymen - Frank Ifield - had a Number One hit in UK in the early 60s with that song.......
I'm away from home at present, so I don't have access to my KN7000 to try the built-in Bolero. Give it a try on your keyboard and if it doesn't quite fit for you, I'l try to create a suitable style for you, when I get back home - around the 3rd / 4th January.

Incidentally, the title is 'The Wayward Wind'

#334972 - 12/30/11 04:18 PM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Jean,

For the "Wayward Wind" on the Technics, I use EASY 8 BEAT 1, with tempo set to 112 and the 'COUNTRY' Performance Pad.

On the Tyros 4, I use COUNTRY SHUFFLE with tempo set to 118 and Multipad
SteelBsChSlow (no.063 in view screen).

Hope this helps.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - may we all enjoy Health and Happiness.

Audrey

#334978 - 12/30/11 08:14 PM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
Jean Olivia Offline

Thank you Bill and Audrey for your suggestions i love both of them. I will use Bill's suggestion for myself and Audreys for my 'oldies' as I have to keep everything to a tempo that they can clap stamp or sing to, or they all nod off and then I have to play 'Soldiers of the Queen" - which I can now play in my sleep, to wake them up again.
Incidentally, my brand new computer has no floppy disk drive ???? I have a KN 6500 as the 7000 is too heavy. I also, have a PSRS910, for the same reason, but much prefer the KN so it is the one that gets to go out with me. I like to sequence in all my backings, and the technique is so easy on the KN. I dont think the 910 has a control track - if it has I cant find it.
Thanks again. I was trying to find a backing like Steve Whitman uses with very little in it so that I could speed it up a bit to 115 and perhaps add a pad. Cheers. Jean Olivia.

#335040 - 12/31/11 05:04 PM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Jean
When I bought my new desktop computer I asked them to put a floppy drive into it but you can buy external floppy drives which plug into the computer with a usb cable. I picked one up on the Trademe site but am sure Ebay will have them too.
Happy New Year.
Ann

#335052 - 01/01/12 01:39 AM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
Jean Olivia Offline

Happy New Year Ann. It is so good to know the floppy drive can be added. I will check it out. Thanks for the info. Cheers. Jean Olivia.

#335165 - 01/02/12 06:52 PM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Those USB floppy drives are very convenient because you don't have to open the computer, just plug them into a USB port.

#335211 - 01/03/12 10:40 AM Re: Elusive style [Re: Jean Olivia]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BILL & AUDREY... Both of your selections for "The Wayward Wind" are great! I have been using "Cavern Pop" for that music! @120)...

It is always fun to try "unusual" rhythms and pads... A Rock or a Boogie will really wake up the audiences....(My audiences are all "oldies" who are also "goodies".

May all Zonies have a healthy, happy, harmonious 2012!!!!

Elizabeth

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online