Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#332576 - 10/16/11 10:06 AM Re: Yamaha style to Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Leezone,

Is this an admission that TYROS 4 styles are much better than Audya, or why would anyone want to copy them from the t4.

Well that is a silly conclusion to jump to. All arranger users like to have as many choices as possible so converting styles from other arranger keyboards is a smart way to do that.

#332655 - 10/18/11 01:01 PM Re: Yamaha style to Audya [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nigel,

Perhaps so, but I have both T4 and Audya and I can well see someone would want to copy T4 styles to Audya, but not the other way round. And like someone said, they won't be as good as on the original KB.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332672 - 10/19/11 01:06 AM Re: Yamaha style to Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Nigel,

Perhaps so, but I have both T4 and Audya and I can well see someone would want to copy T4 styles to Audya, but not the other way round. And like someone said, they won't be as good as on the original KB.

Regards

Tony

Well of course they aren't. You can't really to expect conversions to sound as good as they sound on the original keyboard they were created on. That is a given ... no surprise at all. Though with considerable editing work it could be possible to make them sound as good depending on the quality of the voices on the keyboard they are being converted to. But no-one spends that sort of time doing it.

#332673 - 10/19/11 01:14 AM Re: Yamaha style to Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Tony it sorta seems that you don't like your Audya that much now you have your Tyros 4. Just curious, why do you keep it?

#332680 - 10/19/11 06:51 AM Re: Yamaha style to Audya [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nigel,

You are right its not as good as the T4 the problem is selling the Audya in the UK the last one went on Ebay for £2000 the new price is £4200, its a big drop, I don't need to sell it yet but I play the T4 much more than the Audya, one day it will go. Still some people love the Audya to bits. Its been a bumpy rid with the Audya lots of problems and it does have some nice sounds, strings sax etc, some better than T4. I will hang on the the Audya a little longer.

Regards Nigel

Tony

PS trust you are keeping well now.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332725 - 10/19/11 11:15 PM Re: Yamaha style to Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Thanks for explaining Tony. As I said I was just curious. Yep, every keyboard has its own strengths and weakness ... but it is alway hard to part with one that has some features that you like to use.

And thanks for asking yes my health is much better now. Getting old aint fun ... but it sure beats not getting old lol wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online