Yamaha style to Audya

Posted by: Szoke

Yamaha style to Audya - 10/12/11 12:19 PM

Hi,

How I can upload Yamaha style into my Audya?
Thanks!

Szoke
Posted by: filipelou

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/12/11 01:11 PM

You can do it using the EMC styleworks software.
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/13/11 08:54 PM

As anyone got this software who could convert them for you and then send them back by email.

Tony
Posted by: leezone

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/14/11 01:50 PM

i've converted G-70 styles to AUDYA

if you convert the Yamaha ones to AUDYA don't expect them to sound like, WOW...
many instruments won't translate, sounds will be off, no audio guitars..

so basically you will have to work on them, change sounds, delete some weird tracks here and there, change FX on each,
etc...

it's a pain yes....

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/14/11 03:42 PM

Leezone,

Is this an admission that TYROS 4 styles are much better than Audya, or why would anyone want to copy them from the t4.
Posted by: Machetero

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/14/11 07:05 PM

Each TODL arranger have good styles. T4 have MORE styles than the others, fact that increase the amount of good ones.

PA2x-PA3x have very good styles too. Per example the unplugged ones are better than any of the same type in the T4.

Audya don't have as many styles, but have some good ones too.

No style sound as good and in the original keyboard.
I hate to use EMC for conversion. I think that is a waste of time, money (is expensive) and styles, plus the Yamaha ones are the most difficult to convert any way.

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/14/11 11:23 PM

Mac,

It sounds like a load of trouble to me from what you say so forget it. Just buy a T4 and an Audya, top kb T4 and bottom Audya play Audya sounds with T4 styles.

Tony
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/15/11 02:24 AM

Klaus has said he is working on adding Audya but don't hold your breath. SD is the best you can get now on EMC Universal. I have an Audya, Roland G70, and KN7000. I have converted all around with varying degrees of success. However, it is true that it will never sound as good as the original keyboard, but with tweaking, you get get fairly close without live drums and guitars of coarse.

Bernie
Posted by: skude

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/15/11 02:43 AM

Ketron'ers are the most patient musicians, for sure laugh I bought the EMC style works for Ketron a loooong time ago, was told the Audya version was soon to be released. For Ketron owners, soon, can very well be a few years. sleep
EMC:Latest information
We are currently working on the update for Ketron Audya; this is still going to take some time as the many audio and midi loops are a big challenge for the conversion to other keyboards.

Next on schedule after this is the Tyros 3 format; so we will finally be up-to-date with all current keyboards within shortly hopefully

skude
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/15/11 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: skude
Next on schedule after this is the Tyros 3 format; so we will finally be up-to-date with all current keyboards within shortly hopefully .....

Guess the T3 comment says a lot. confused
Anyway, the latest update of SW XT is 4.03, and PA3X are in the menu. So are Audya, but only as a load option as far as I can see.

Skude,
sorry to see your problems with Audya still not ended. Hopefully you believe in Santa Claus, if no solutions this year ..... maybe next bring up something to fix it.
Guess you know the Ketron way: T T T (Things Takes Time) rolleyes
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/16/11 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Leezone,

Is this an admission that TYROS 4 styles are much better than Audya, or why would anyone want to copy them from the t4.

Well that is a silly conclusion to jump to. All arranger users like to have as many choices as possible so converting styles from other arranger keyboards is a smart way to do that.

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/18/11 01:01 PM

Nigel,

Perhaps so, but I have both T4 and Audya and I can well see someone would want to copy T4 styles to Audya, but not the other way round. And like someone said, they won't be as good as on the original KB.

Regards

Tony

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/19/11 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Nigel,

Perhaps so, but I have both T4 and Audya and I can well see someone would want to copy T4 styles to Audya, but not the other way round. And like someone said, they won't be as good as on the original KB.

Regards

Tony

Well of course they aren't. You can't really to expect conversions to sound as good as they sound on the original keyboard they were created on. That is a given ... no surprise at all. Though with considerable editing work it could be possible to make them sound as good depending on the quality of the voices on the keyboard they are being converted to. But no-one spends that sort of time doing it.

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/19/11 01:14 AM

Tony it sorta seems that you don't like your Audya that much now you have your Tyros 4. Just curious, why do you keep it?

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/19/11 06:51 AM

Nigel,

You are right its not as good as the T4 the problem is selling the Audya in the UK the last one went on Ebay for £2000 the new price is £4200, its a big drop, I don't need to sell it yet but I play the T4 much more than the Audya, one day it will go. Still some people love the Audya to bits. Its been a bumpy rid with the Audya lots of problems and it does have some nice sounds, strings sax etc, some better than T4. I will hang on the the Audya a little longer.

Regards Nigel

Tony

PS trust you are keeping well now.

Re: Yamaha style to Audya - 10/19/11 11:15 PM

Thanks for explaining Tony. As I said I was just curious. Yep, every keyboard has its own strengths and weakness ... but it is alway hard to part with one that has some features that you like to use.

And thanks for asking yes my health is much better now. Getting old aint fun ... but it sure beats not getting old lol wink