abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Link on the Wersi Forum here

Enjoy

Bill

#332160 - 10/02/11 11:39 AM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

Oh hell Bill what a terrible disappointment and such a long wait to be disappointed at the end of, I can’t think why anyone would want to go out and buy one buy one and this is their top man doing the demo. It didn’t sound like any Wersi I have ever heard, in fact it doesn’t sound like a Wersi, like you have been saying all along the Wing has nothing to do with Wersi perhaps in part it should. Close up the design looks wooden, sorry Bill even at £2500 it isn’t floating my boat.
Thanks for posting it, I would like to know what others think even if there is only me and you interested in Wersi.
Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332164 - 10/02/11 01:46 PM Re: Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Bill,

Oh hell Bill what a terrible disappointment and such a long wait to be disappointed at the end of, I can’t think why anyone would want to go out and buy one buy one and this is their top man doing the demo. It didn’t sound like any Wersi I have ever heard, in fact it doesn’t sound like a Wersi, like you have been saying all along the Wing has nothing to do with Wersi perhaps in part it should. Close up the design looks wooden, sorry Bill even at £2500 it isn’t floating my boat.
Thanks for posting it, I would like to know what others think even if there is only me and you interested in Wersi.
Regards

Tony

I thought it sounded pretty good to be honest. Granted it's just a video demo.., you're really not going to know how well it sounds until you play it yourself. I thought the solo sounds were very nice as well.

To me the styles sounded decent because they were less busy than some other keyboards.., thus leaving you more room to play your own melody. I hate it when keyboards have styles that are so damn busy you feel like you're fighting the style for the spotlight.

My biggest complaint about this arranger is the design. Who in the hell made the decision to put the arranger controls so far away from the player? They need to be on the lower panel closer to the player..., or at least under the screen.

Edited by squeak_D (10/02/11 01:47 PM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#332170 - 10/02/11 03:52 PM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Sounded pretty good to me. Some really great sounds on there for sure.

Regards
James.

#332180 - 10/02/11 09:57 PM Re: Demo [Re: Irishacts]
Tony Hughes Offline

Well we will see if your views get turned into sales thats what matters to the Wersi people whoever they are.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332189 - 10/03/11 03:44 AM Re: Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
It is not really "breathtaking".no competition fore the new Korg and Yamaha mid range keyboards.
I think also that the recording isn't good done,very hars.

Impuls

Edited by Impuls (10/03/11 04:01 AM)

#332191 - 10/03/11 04:48 AM Re: Demo [Re: Impuls]
Tony Hughes Offline

Two all so far, any more comments!

Tony

#332202 - 10/03/11 08:40 AM Re: Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Two all so far, any more comments!

Tony

I am with James,

It sounds really good, espescially for my traditional european ears. The sounds have body. Still sad tough that some of the innovative things from OAS are missing in these models.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#332204 - 10/03/11 08:54 AM Re: Demo [Re: Impuls]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Impuls
It is not really "breathtaking".no competition fore the new Korg and Yamaha mid range keyboards.
I think also that the recording isn't good done,very hars.

Impuls

I agree. It isn't that it sounds "bad"...it just doesn't measure up to what's being made by Yamaha and Korg.

Still, I am sure there will be those who will like that kind of sound, and the instrument should serve them well.

Ian

#332228 - 10/03/11 05:00 PM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

Hello everyone . I am new to this forum...I played both Yamaha and Korg arrangers and to me I would take this Pegasus over any Yamaha arranger...I am talking about playing live.I think it's got more punch for live playing...I even like the styles from what I heard...I would like to hear more...Don't get me wrong..\i like some Yamaha sounds, but everything is over processed.

MIKIMIKI

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#332233 - 10/03/11 10:32 PM Re: Demo [Re: mirza]
Tony Hughes Offline

Mirza

If you are right it looks like Korg and Yamaha will need to reduce their prices by at least £1500 each to stay in the market and it looks like the factory that makes the Wing will need to go onto 24hrs production to keep up with vast volume of sales if you are right. How wrong was I. The question to ask is what software it comes with, did we hear the Wing with £1500 of voices and styles you need to buy extra, we will never know in less you buy one. Ketron will need to reduce their price on the Audya by half to stay in the market, goodbye Ketron. Frankly (I) don't think the Wings going anywhere, but who am I, lets just wait and see. At least we are getting some feedback on the demo which is good and at least we have got a demo which is even better.

Thanks Tony

#332238 - 10/04/11 04:46 AM Re: Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Hello

I think it's a bit premature to pass judgement on this

keyboard based on a very flimsy demo. All the sounds I heard

are top quality, I love that DX7 electric piano and the

strings are beautiful. I'd like to hear more of the styles.

It is up against tough competition with Yamaha and Korg.

I'm looking forward to hearing it again with a real good demo

#332239 - 10/04/11 05:06 AM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
it sound good to me. Not at the top, like Yamaha or Korg, but very good sounds and decent styles.
A LOT BETTER than Roland BK7m or GW8.

#332249 - 10/04/11 03:58 PM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

Hi all...

It is too early to judge the keyboard by just one video...But,I compare it to videos of Yamaha and Korg too..
All I am saying is, this new keyboard has potential..And it is up too us if these BIG guys are going to reduce price..If we buy Tyros 4,5,6 and Pa3x,4x then Yamaha and Korg don't have to change anything ..All they have to do is give us few more sounds and we are sold...
The only one that had any potential is Aydia,but Ketron's customer support is a shame...It would almost be better if there was none..Too bad..I love Aydia styles..I even like the sounds..Like I said for Wersi they have punch to them ...I love that in playing live...Not everything has to be polished...That is why we call it LIVE sound...

I too would like to to hear more styles(rock,funk,country...)and more sounds...I loved violin sound..
MIRZA

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#332305 - 10/06/11 02:59 AM Re: Demo [Re: mirza]
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Why they had the mighty Brett to do that demo I really don't know. Any half competent amateur could have done it. For the price it sounds great to me.
Just another point that only UK members will appreciate. Why did they have Julian Clary doing the voice over? It certainly wasn't Brett!

#332314 - 10/06/11 11:53 AM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
pretty boring demo, started to fast forward thru it after the first few minutes, probably missed some of it's unique functions.

It's an arranger keyboard, first thing I'd like to hear is snipetts of songs using the styles, not 5 to 10 minutes of him demonstrating sounds. To me , that comes later, after I've been sold on how great this keyboard COULD make me sound.

Won't comment on keyboard as I didn't watch the whole demo.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#332315 - 10/06/11 11:56 AM Re: Demo [Re: rikkisbears]
Tony Hughes Offline

Rikki,

That what I did, and then I went back and watched all the way through, still don't know if that own it comes or was there £1000 of software on board. No one appears to know.

#332318 - 10/06/11 03:47 PM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Bill, thanks, I liked what I heard. How does the screen look in real life, sometimes it looked good on the video but then not so good when viewed from an angle.

Is there a user manual online anywhere? How do you save the 500 user presets, like Yamaha or Korg? Particularly, I am a great fan of the Korg Songbook.

How do you get the Tyros styles, can you get Tyros 4 styles, how do they map to the Wersi sounds?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for the great job you do in keeping us informed.

Best wishes

#332320 - 10/06/11 11:52 PM Re: Demo [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bill,
should also mention, they're not sold here in Aust. so I'm probably more inclined to watch a bit of a boring demo of a keyboard I could buy, rather than one I can't.
I'm certainly not knocking the keyboard. A music buddy of mine actually imported one of the top end wersi's a few years ago. He luved it. I never went to see it, just in case I became envious . haahaa.

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Bill,
pretty boring demo, started to fast forward thru it after the first few minutes, probably missed some of it's unique functions.

It's an arranger keyboard, first thing I'd like to hear is snipetts of songs using the styles, not 5 to 10 minutes of him demonstrating sounds. To me , that comes later, after I've been sold on how great this keyboard COULD make me sound.

Won't comment on keyboard as I didn't watch the whole demo.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#332322 - 10/07/11 01:37 AM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
HI Tony

You could always email Wersi Direct and ask them.

BTW: where has this £1000 software pack come from?

Hi Rikki

You never know what the future can bring.

Hi Graham

The manual can be downloaded here with the new features added in the recent update here

Currently only Yamaha styles up to T2 can be directly loaded, however I believe they are working on an upgrade to include T3/4 format in the future. (Software is available here for converting T3/4 to T2 format)

Screen: Unless you are playing it like a keytar you should not have any problems viewing and using the screen at any practical angle.

Hope this helps

Bill

#332345 - 10/07/11 03:35 PM Re: Demo [Re: abacus]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bil,
it would be nice to have an additional option. I would have never have been as game as my friend to import a keyboard that's not sold in the country, mainly because of support if required.

Originally Posted By: abacus

Hi Rikki

You never know what the future can bring.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online