Topic Options
#332156 - 10/02/11 10:32 AM Pegasus Wing Demo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#332222 - 10/03/11 01:15 PM Re: Pegasus Wing Demo [Re: abacus]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Bill,

I watched the demo of the Pegasus Wing on the Wersi site last night with great interest. However, one thing puzzles me - why wasn't more time given to some actual tunes? Tunes that people can relate to!

Of course, I realise you cannot get a genuinely 'live' sound from PC speakers but to just play a few notes of various instruments did nothing for me, in fact some of the more 'funky' sounds made me wonder whether I'd ever use them, whereas had they been demonstrated with a 'tune' it would've at least given me some idea as to the type of music they could be used with.

I would have liked to hear some of the well known songs played using the Big Bands, the beautiful Strings, Ballads, Country etc. in my view, these are what people can relate to and which ultimately sell the instrument to them. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play the Pegasus at Pakefield and this demo has left me feeling a bit disappointed to say the least.

Do you know if this 'demo' is of the new DVD soon to be available, or is it more comprehensive
than that shown on the website?

Audrey

#332223 - 10/03/11 02:39 PM Re: Pegasus Wing Demo [Re: Audrey Turner]
abacus Offline

Hello Audrey

The quality is not as good, but apart from that it is the same as the DVD.

All manufactures and dealers decide how they think it would be best to show off their instruments, and then await feedback, so if you prefer demos to be done a different way, email Wersi Direct to give them an idea of what potential customers want. (Just remember the dealers are small, and don’t have the demo resources of Yamaha, Korg etc., so it takes longer to produce them)

Hope this answers your question

Bill

#332243 - 10/04/11 07:02 AM Re: Pegasus Wing Demo [Re: abacus]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
And why is the recording in Mono ??

Impuls

#332347 - 10/07/11 04:25 PM Re: Pegasus Wing Demo [Re: abacus]
Audrey Turner Offline

Chance to see and hear it played 'live' would be a fine thing Bill. Stratford is too far away from Cambridge and there doesn't appear to be any forthcoming events for this area at all.

Since April, I've had two telephone calls from Wersi Staff and apart from yourself, I've heard nothing. I paid £500+ deposit on an order for the Pegasus Wing keyboard, but then my hands developed this painful carpal tunnel syndrome and Robert kindly said he'd hold the order for a month and pointed out that the deposit is "NON REFUNDABLE" so naturally, I didn't want to cancel the order.

However, as I've heard nothing from anyone, I've decided that having pocketed the £500+ Wersi are no longer interested, so I'm now looking to purchase a Korg PAX3 (which I also saw and liked at Pakefield). I know the deposit is a lot of money to lose, but it has taught me a valuable lesson - not to lay down/pay out ANY money whatsoever until delivery is complete, but the way I see it is they've lost the balance of over £2,000 so they've taken the biggest loss.

Anyone else reading this post - take note and learn from my mistake. It'll save you a lot of money and a great deal of hassle.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (10/07/11 04:29 PM)

#332367 - 10/08/11 02:02 AM Re: Pegasus Wing Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Hi Audrey

How come you only got to try the PA3x at Pakefield and not the Wing, as they were both there for the week?

Regarding contact, I know they have had problems with their phone systems, and their web host was hacked, but as far as I am aware everything is now back to normal.

I would send them an email, as I am sure they will soon get you sorted.

PA3x is a nice board (You can see my review of Pakefield here ) but it is more expensive and less upgradable than the Wing, however if you go for one, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Bill

#332382 - 10/08/11 05:05 PM Re: Pegasus Wing Demo [Re: abacus]
Audrey Turner Offline

Thank you for your advice Bill. I have emailed them several times but they came back as "undeliverable" I also telephoned one number which gave out a message to phone another and when I did, I got the message it was unobtainable. I then phoned yet another number requesting they ring me back and it was never answered, so I assumed they didn't want to know and gave up.

The reason I didn't get to play it was because it wasn't until the Thursday that a friend told me about it. He knew I was thinking about getting another keyboard and suggested I take a look.
At the time a cash or cheque deposit was required and I had neither, so I went into town to get the cash and when I got back to the camp, they had packed up and the place was empty. However, I spotted some of their staff at the bar in the concert hall and that's when I paid the deposit.

I have now heard from them saying I had cancelled the order, but I do not recall doing this.
I understand they could not hold the 'deal' for longer than a month, but I was under the impression they would wait for me to say "yes" or "no" but as I said, I couldn't get a response to either emails or telehone calls, so I just assumed they'd lost interest but I did think it odd that they hadn't contacted me at all.

When I mentioned about paying up front deposits, it was a general comment aimed at other 'seniors' who may learn something from my own foolhardiness. It wasn't meant to imply that Wersi are an unstrustworthy company after all, the paperwork I do have, does clearly state that the deposit is "non-refundable" and I apologise to them and anyone else, if my comments gave that impression.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online