SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#331265 - 09/05/11 09:04 AM Need Midi Help
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
To the midi experts.... I have a Gem RPX Piano hooked to my Tyros 4... Every time I make a change to the T4 it reduces the volume on the Gem Module.... I have to select another preset and then go back to my original preset and the volume is back... SO if I am using preset number 89 I have to go up one or down one preset and back to 89 and it will be back at original volume...Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated...thanks Ron

#331281 - 09/05/11 05:49 PM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: rb293]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I'm not familiar with the module.

Sounds like your Tyros may be sending out volume change
(controller 7)

I assume you're using module as melody voice??

Try tuning volume up & down for that part & see if it affects the module volume.

Don't know how sophisticated the midi implimentation is on the module, maybe receiving controller 7 ( volume) could be switched off.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#331421 - 09/09/11 06:16 AM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: rb293]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Look in the MIDI section of the Tyros bok. There should be a page that lets you turn ON/OFF different MIDI messages being sent out.

#331436 - 09/09/11 01:00 PM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: leeboy]
rb293 Offline

thanks Guys.... I talked to Yamaha Tech Support and the only way to fix it is to turn off the program control switch... But then I will not have sustain... I can get a seprate sustain pedal for the module to get around that problem.... thanks Ron

#331445 - 09/09/11 05:46 PM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: rb293]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Huh?? Not sending bank/prgram change should NOT effect the controller for sustain.

#331456 - 09/10/11 07:46 AM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: rb293]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Like leeboy said, filtering out bank/program change will have no effect on the transmission of CC#7 (volume). However maybe the program control switch rb293 mentioned is some kind of combined filter that the Tyros has. Although I can't believe that the Tyros has no means of filtering individual MIDI controller messages. I'm sure someone around here has an owner's manual for a Tyros and can check that out.

On the other hand, if it turns out that the Tyros doesn't have the ability to filter CC#7 (and CC#4 which is MIDI Expression; I'll explain the difference if anybody is interested) then MIDI Solutions should have a device that will filter CC messages.

#331458 - 09/10/11 09:42 AM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: rb293]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Ron, just for clarification. Are you saying you have gone to Function, MIDI, Transmit and enabled note and only note on all channels? Also are you sure you are not changing the MIDI template in between songs?
regards, chuck

#331481 - 09/11/11 01:24 PM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: tyroschuck]
rb293 Offline

Chuck...I do not change the midi setup at all... It is always on All Keyboard setup... The Gem module changes anytime I make a change to my setup on the T4... If I change presets or adjust the volume on any of the voices (r1 r2 r3) the volume drops on the module.... I also lose the reverb.... The Yamaha tech had me try several things but decided only if I turn off Program control would it work but then no susstain.... thanks Ron

#331485 - 09/11/11 02:19 PM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: rb293]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ron,
did you check the midi specs on the module, anyway you can disable certain functions on it?

Originally Posted By: rb293
Chuck...I do not change the midi setup at all... It is always on All Keyboard setup... The Gem module changes anytime I make a change to my setup on the T4... If I change presets or adjust the volume on any of the voices (r1 r2 r3) the volume drops on the module.... I also lose the reverb.... The Yamaha tech had me try several things but decided only if I turn off Program control would it work but then no susstain.... thanks Ron

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#331486 - 09/11/11 02:20 PM Re: Need Midi Help [Re: ]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: WDMcM
Like leeboy said, filtering out bank/program change will have no effect on the transmission of CC#7 (volume). However maybe the program control switch rb293 mentioned is some kind of combined filter that the Tyros has. Although I can't believe that the Tyros has no means of filtering individual MIDI controller messages. I'm sure someone around here has an owner's manual for a Tyros and can check that out.

On the other hand, if it turns out that the Tyros doesn't have the ability to filter CC#7 (and CC#4 which is MIDI Expression; I'll explain the difference if anybody is interested) then MIDI Solutions should have a device that will filter CC messages.

Dave ..that would be cc#11 for midi expression..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online