SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331474 - 09/11/11 05:45 AM Promo Video
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
SZ member "124" was kind enough to send me his promotional materials which include a youtube link of performance videos. In this day and age of Facebook, youtube etc, it seems like a video would be more important than a audio demo.

So any of you have a promotioanl video? Let us know how you recorded it. Did you use your own camera- what kind? External type mic or directly into the mixing board? Maybe hire a pro to recorded/edit? Live performance or a "conceptual" video? Full lenght songs or short fade in/fade out?
Do you send out your video as a DVD or a link in an email/FB, youtube?

Thanks for your input, and feel free to post links of you videos.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#331513 - 09/12/11 01:27 PM Re: Promo Video [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I won't post the link because it's been done twice already, but You recall the little YouTube piece I posted. It now has 870 hits, and while it was not intended as a promotional piece, I've had good luck using it for that purpose. It was done with a HD still Cannon camera and a Zoom H-2. Guitar and voice were played into an old Carvin Mono Pa head.

This is the quality you can get for little or nothing. Email me if you want to talk about details.

R.

We produce high end video-the polar opposite of this stuff. Point is, you need to cut thru the clutter, and you can do that for little or nothing, with a little talent and imagination.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online