SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 29 of 36 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36 >
Topic Options
#334304 - 12/08/11 11:53 PM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: cakemog]
skude Offline

Hi
I see my name comes up here from time to time, so here is an update on my Audya.
Pretty much the same. Drop out of left voice, sometimes no sound at all ( exit button light on) sometimes Int. phase error. A restart makes it work again, I'm getting so used to this, I'm starting to feel that's the way it should be. I have not done the latest update, have been very busy lately, and if something goes wrong I would be in big trouble. Tony was helpful, as always ,and sent me a new cable for the HD. I have two more weekends to play this year, than I have a few weeks off, and I will do the update and change the cable. I really hope that things will be better after that. I'm very interested in AJ's upgrade, can't wait to hear more from the AJamsonic.
skude

#334306 - 12/09/11 02:36 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tony Hughes]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Tony, I may be guessing here but I have seen the price of 750$ mentioned by a guy who is having it installed. Actually, I'm not sure if he is having it installed by AJ or doing it himself .
So, I guess we will have to wait until Ajs beta testers give it the thumbs up and he posts the price here.

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Jim,

AJ still waiting for that price.

Good Luck with your Audya Jim

#334307 - 12/09/11 02:50 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
TWD, Firstly let me just say that I think the guys in the UK are very lucky to have you as their support guy and I do mean that sincerely and from the post I read here they all recognize that as well. Its just a pity that Ketron themselves dont have someone like yourself who will go out of their way to provide support--they wont even answer emails or phone calls
If mine was an Isolated case I would be more than happy to acknowledge that fact but from speaking to several users I found they were experiencing the same problems and that is why I feel the way I do about Audya. My line of thinking when i bough the A4 was: well at least the Audya 5 has been around for a while and by now all the glitches will have been sorted out but how wrong I was on that score.
I havent seen Dusan post on here anymore but that poor chap was tearing his hair out and had sent his Audya keyboard back to ketron twice !! And it came back the same way every time.

Anyway, no hard feelings I hope and keep up the good work

Rusty

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Sorry Nigel - i don't want to take over the thread, and this will be my last post on the subject.

Rusty999. i know the person in the UK - he lives in Scotland and brought the Audya module from Thomann so we could not assist. I felt sorry for him, but nothing I could do.

FYI. I have the very first Audya 4 module to come out of the factory here in the showroom (we use it as our demo unit and it has not been modified.), in fact we in the UK had the first shipment worldwide so all of our initial order were from that very first run. I'm sorry you had a problem, but its a huge leap to state the entire first Audya 4 production run had the same issue - it did not.

I do realise you have did have a genuine and isolated problem and rightly feel annoyed. But I must point out, had all of those initial Audya modules been at fault Ketron would have been legally required to make a complete product recall - plus they would not have passed the very strict and extensive European certification tests in the first case.

#334308 - 12/09/11 04:59 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Rusty 999]
Tony Hughes Offline

Rusty,

I cannot disagree with something’s that you say and I think there are obvious reasons why things will always be difficult.
When you are buying from Ketron you are buying from a very small company, Italian, don't think anyone types brilliant English, is there a picture building up in your mind. There have been big gaps in development of products, little changes like SD1 and SD1+ but people still buying the products for the sound it makes. I don't see how you can get around it all, if you think you could get hold of all the directors from Ketron and shake them by the neck and it would make some difference then you are wrong, its manyana Italian style. If you are going to buy Ketron product then move to the UK. TWD knows their limitations and he will perhaps point the finger at the dealers and TWD is also a one off, pity. Thomann simply return any faulty kit back to Ketron, they don't have a TWD in a cupboard when things go wrong, they just sell boxes and are good at it.
Rusty I don't think there is a straight answer, buyer beware with two big BBs, Ketron are not on their own with this modus operandi. Anyway what have you got now Rusty, and BTW I think AJ will struggle to sell a £600.00 bolt on to anyone who as an Audya, I for one won't be buying it at that price. And it’s no use saying it will come down in price as the numbers go up, because there isn't any numbers to go up. AJ has tried hard but I wouldn't be going into a bolt on business for KB at this moment in time.

Good Luck Rusty with all you are trying to do

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334311 - 12/09/11 06:36 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: cakemog]
leezone Offline

I believe there are 3 different upgrade options
the lease expensive I THINK around $400
the most expensive I THINK around $1000
plus or minus $100

but the person with exact figures would be AJ

#334312 - 12/09/11 07:09 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: cakemog]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi Skude,

I also continue to have the audio out problem. Left channel and sometime no sound at boot up. What is strange is when I bump the keyboard or lift the right side up an inch and drop it back down the channels come back. That is a sign of a connection problem.

When you have the keyboard apart again, check the wiring that goes from the sound card to the top half of the keyboard.

Pull the wiring plug off of the sound card and do you best to clean the male prongs on the sound card and the female plug that clips on them. Also see if you can trace the wire to where it connects to the top. If accessible, unplug and clean that also. I don't remember how big the prongs are, but if you can take a little piece of wet sandpaper and try to rough up the prongs. Or a small pocket knife blade and scratch on the prongs. Do your absolute best to achieve this with both ends of the wire including the female plugs. I believe the metal used is Aluminum and it will and does oxidize. Use whatever you can to bare some fresh metal. I know the plugs are small but figure out something you can get in there with.

The last time I had my Audya apart, I just unplugged the sound card wire and plugged it back in. I didn't clean it, however my output problem went away for a while.

I believe the problem lies with that wire connector.

I've been super busy also playing 6 & 7 nights a week. During X-Mas time off, I'm taking the Audya apart and will concentrate on that wire.

I do believe there is a little software glitch with the boot up process also. Possibly the phase error could be because of the wire connector? Who knows? It's worth a shot!!!

Good luck.

Happy Holidays.

Jim

#334316 - 12/09/11 10:05 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: NiteLife]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
I cant belive haw some guys who ar close to Ketron company or just know something abaut Ketron (sorry Tony) can defend behawior who Ketron show to hes costumers....
Ones for good:Ketron is company who dosent haw any suport for hes coustomers!I dont know a company under that sun who dont want to talk with users and dont care what that user mean about hes product.
The poant of that tehnical world is make a good and applied product ewery day from begining.What ketron show:Audya76 who haw a not finish OS and many bugs.After this:Audya5,Audya modul,Audya8 and all with the same problems....
Haw no words about enymore...
Big companys can in some way to behawe like this,but smole on just cant!

And one more thig:
if we cant exspect some useful information from Ketron, whay are we all on this forum behawe the same way?
I dont mis any post when some person nead advice or dont know haw to load style on hes Audya.I am always preper to help if I know haw to solve a problem and in the same time want to recive advice from ather members if I nead.
On Ketron forum from MODERATOR who are close to Ketron and know all lAudya bugs must weighting for suport mounths for answer...
That is bad,realy bad...

Edited by Dusan (12/09/11 10:15 AM)

#334324 - 12/09/11 02:00 PM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Dusan]
Tony Hughes Offline

INT PHASE ERROR can be caused by the HD drive ribbon cable, I had taken the HD in and out about 20 times and every time you pull on that ribbon makes it come loose, if you look at the ribbon with the naked eye you will not see it, but with a magnifying glass you can see a gap that has appeared between the ribbon and the black clip, I made a new cable and no more INT PHASE ERRORS.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334356 - 12/11/11 01:43 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: leezone]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
I believe there are 3 different upgrade options
the lease expensive I THINK around $400
the most expensive I THINK around $1000
plus or minus $100

but the person with exact figures would be AJ

The worrying part Leezone is that AJ has not come up with a purchase cost (exact figure)and no one has heard it yet, so what more can I say, you all take the pee out of Ketron about delaying tactics. Watch this space the count is ???? the more products and decisions the more countdowns.

#334412 - 12/13/11 05:54 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: cakemog]
leezone Offline

Tony

Is AJAMSONIC your stocking stuffer this year?
Don't worry about price, just charge it, and worry about it next year

Page 29 of 36 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online