SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#328701 - 07/13/11 01:35 PM Re: Why I ordered a Roland BK-7m [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hal, you might want to pop over to http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php and read about the BK-7m.

Ian

#329262 - 07/20/11 06:27 PM Re: Why I ordered a Roland BK-7m [Re: ianmcnll]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Hal, you might want to pop over to http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php and read about the BK-7m.

Ian
Thanks. I saw some stuff there. Not much yet. I guess there has not been much distribution yet. I hope you and other bK7m users will be posting performances on youtube, especially keyboardists as that is how I would be using it. At the price of the BK-7 I'm wondering if you can get better results connecting to an older Tyros or Roland arranger instead for a larger set of styles and perhaps easier variation button controls. That's what' I'm trying to figure out now. I'm basically looking for just a rhythm machine with lots of styles and do not care about the other frills that come with te BK7. I currently have a Yamaha QY100, which is an older sequencer/ rhythm box that sounds great but does not have an illuminated LCD and is IMO very non-user friendly but it sounds quite good. I'm ready for the next step, either BK or something with the most styles and easiest to use variation controller.

#329266 - 07/20/11 08:39 PM Re: Why I ordered a Roland BK-7m [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Email me or give me a call. I'm using it every night with a controller. I've found a dedicated controller gives me more options than using an arranger for a controller.
DonM

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online