SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328916 - 07/16/11 12:44 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: abacus
Almost forgot, pitch correction was also available on the T2 as standard.

Bill

It was available even earlier than Tyros2

Pitch Correction (with Gender Function) was also standard on Yamaha PSR-8000 (1997).

I think what Craig has done is to take the pitch correction to a further level.

The feature itself isn't really new.

Ian

#328919 - 07/16/11 01:11 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: abacus
Almost forgot, pitch correction was also available on the T2 as standard.

Bill

In fact, even BEFORE the T2. Remember this.

smile

chas

Now that is not your ear Chas....it is too small... smile

#328924 - 07/16/11 04:27 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Fran Carango]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes indeed on all that models was a sort of pitch correction, However it didn't sound as good as in the T4 example.
If you cant hear that difference ,you must be deaf.
Let someone show the same quality on YT to proof,No chance .

Impuls

#328943 - 07/17/11 03:23 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Guys.... This technology has been on the market for many many years already and is already in the forum of Rack Units, Foot Pedals, PC Software and in Keyboards like the KORG Pa-Series. It has also been out long enough to evolve hugely way above what you see demostraterd in that video.

I have no idea what they plan on adding to the Tyros, any of the other devices you can pick up function in 3 different ways when it comes to this specific function.

1: You can specify the scale and key your singing in, and in real-time the software will pitch correct your voice. This is the most popular way to use the technology and professionals gigging and studio's all across the world use it this way. Highly recommended.

2: You can step sequence in notes and use a trigger to go through the notes so the software only allows the sequenced pitch that is triggered to sound. Which is what you are seeing in his video. This method is normally only used in Studio's for people who are utter crap at singing, or for those looking for a specific sort of effect.

3: You can play the notes in real-time and the software will pitch your voice to the notes your playing. This mode can work in conjunction with mode 1 above, so that if in the Studio the singer is a little too far off key for the real-time system to pick them up correctly, you can tweak the notes. Normally only done in post production with recorded tracks.

Racks and other devoices that have these functions also offer much much more. Mic Modelling, Harmony, FX's, Voice Modelling and so on.....

Regards
James

#328944 - 07/17/11 03:39 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Here's an example of the Pitch Correction function on the Pa3X.

I've linked to a specific part on the Video so you get to hear the Pitch Correction set HIGH for the Black Eye Peas songs, and then when the Country song comes in after, you get to hear the setting as you would have it at a gig. He uses harmony also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQ3K3hzO8E&feature=youtu.be#t=4m41s

That's how it should work guys, not the gimmick way demonstrated by Yamaha.

Regards
James.

#328945 - 07/17/11 03:57 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Many seem to be forgetting that this software clearly is not just simple pitch correction.

That may have been around for years but, this software also turns a flat and uninteresting voice into one with some depth, vibrato and power and gives the impression of a singer with a really good voice.

Take the average bad singer and just use pitch correction and you will still hear a bad singer only in the correct pitch.

If this software can be incorporated into a Tyros4, it will be the first software with all these capabilities to be found in a usable form and in a mass produced keyboard.
Tony

#328946 - 07/17/11 04:01 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
The Pa3X software may be similar and do a similar job but this has only been demonstrated by someone who IS a bone fida singer.
A demo by a non singer would tell us more.
Tony

#328947 - 07/17/11 04:11 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tony.
I don't mean to be rude, but you really are not up to speed on all this. I've had singers in my Studio who should have been shot and put out of their misery, yet they leave the Studio sounding amazing.

For years I've been using pitch correction, adding Vibrato, Breath, Growl, Rasp and many other aspects of Voice Modelling Technology to singers voices. I even have Gender Change technology by where a guy can sing and do female harmony to his own songs.

The only thing this video demonstrates is just how little people are aware of what has been on the market for the last 10 years.

I'm really shocked by that...!!!!

Regards
James.

#328948 - 07/17/11 04:32 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Irishacts]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Also the PA3 sounds not as natural like the T4.
There is nothing to find with the same result as the T4 on you-tube.
I am also curios why Mr Knudsen not respond on all the questions about this movie ,Maybe its Fake ?

Impuls

#328950 - 07/17/11 04:48 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Impuls]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Impuls
Also the PA3 sounds not as natural like the T4.
There is nothing to find with the same result as the T4 on you-tube.
I am also curios why Mr Knudsen not respond on all the questions about this movie ,Maybe its Fake ?

Impuls

Impuls,

There are just not the numbers of Korgs sold to Yamaha, in fact not that many other KBs to Yamaha,
Yamaha have the money to throw at design and software, the other just don't. Thats why we don't see any good demos, its a fact of life.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online