Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328797 - 07/14/11 01:49 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: leeboy
R.
Would you use it if you could not sing well at all?
Like me. (Not live for a gig, but maybe for yourself & family/friends)??

Leeboy, in my posts I have made that quite clear (and I think Russ may think the same as we have the same view) that for someone using the Tyros at home (the Yamaha MAIN market - home users) this would be a wonderful and fun device for those who cannot sing or who sing poorly. It would encourage more active participation in adding vocals to their playing.

I re-state that for someone professing to be a pro singer/player finding they HAD to use it, they should retire.

#328798 - 07/14/11 01:54 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
So it seems that really, this technology is only a vocoder, as you need to actually PLAY/record the notes for it to pitch shift. It does not work purely on the actual audio...maybe not so revolutionary after all, but an improvement on existing technology...Although it IS Yamaha and that is their way, just improve on what is already available and then spin it out to be some new and revolutionary thing...and of course then charge an arm and a leg for it!!! (Just an observation on Yamaha methods, not a criticism)

#328799 - 07/14/11 02:02 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Probably not, Lee.

R.

#328801 - 07/14/11 02:13 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy
He gang ...don't take it too serious. I think Craigs intention is to have a feature that is fun....maybe not for a guy on stage!
He did Kookie Kaoreoke for the same reason.

For someone like me and I think thousands of others...it is very cool and useable in a specific scenario.

Remember we do not know just how it works yet, and maybe it's only the beginning of what will be done on the VH2/
These days HW is a given, it's the software and implementation that counts...That's what I do for a living, custom software in industrial environments.

Spot on, Lee...it is meant mainly for the home user, much like Kookie Karaoke....however, there's nothing stopping the many professionals, who also use Tyros4, from taking advantage of it.

The word from Yamaha is that the VH-2 is a new vocal processor...not an enhanced version of the old one.

And, yes, apparently it is only the beginning of what can be done with it, and with guys like Craig, no telling to what levels it can be taken.

Remember, most of the features, that professionals use on today's arrangers, had their beginnings in the home market; auto-accompaniment, for instance.

Ian

#328895 - 07/16/11 02:53 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Nigel]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
No news from Yamaha how we can do this,with same quality ?

Impuls confused1

#328901 - 07/16/11 06:05 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I have heard nothing further from craig. So at this time I have no further details.....excapt that we still do not know if it is exactly the same as was posted by Eileen at PSRtutorial or is is a refinement from Craig.

One comment...and I am not up to speed as to the super Vocoder products out there...
I have not heard anything that sounds this good from any other demos...I did have a Kurzweil K2600X with vocoder capability...I sure did not find a way to do this on that baby..
So, if there is one...please share so we can compare..
AND this is not some external box...it is IN the T4. Id there some other ARRNGER that has this capability?? I don't think so...so from that regard it is a breakthrough technology.

#328903 - 07/16/11 06:43 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Wow, all this fuss over something that has been around for over a decade. (It’s called Auto tune BTW)

There’s even an article on Wikipedia about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

Hopefully it will die a death, as when everything is put right for you, whats the point in learning to sing or play an instrument, you might as well just stick a CD on. JMO

Bill

#328904 - 07/16/11 07:24 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Almost forgot, pitch correction was also available on the T2 as standard.

Bill

#328906 - 07/16/11 08:04 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

You have just spoiled it for me, I thought one day I would sing MY WAY just like Frank, never mind I can just think, I think leeboy will think twice in future about posting something that's been around 100 years.

Bill is there anything like this on the Wesri Wing or would that be an extra, still ain't seen a video of one being played yet, have you, if so can you post it.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328910 - 07/16/11 09:56 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: abacus
Almost forgot, pitch correction was also available on the T2 as standard.

Bill

In fact, even BEFORE the T2. Remember this.

smile

chas

Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online