SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328740 - 07/13/11 06:28 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nigel, get well soon. At least they gave you your Smartphone!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#328742 - 07/13/11 06:37 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: miden]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: miden
IN my view, it is still only a toy and a gimmick for home users, as any pro performer using this should be ashamed, and retire gracefully, but for the entertainment of home users of the predominantly home user base of Yamaha, it looks like a fun toy.

I really don't know if I agree or not, but I hear the top professional contemporary vocalists (even the good ones) use pitch correction. When I hear this I wonder "why?"

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#328743 - 07/13/11 06:51 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
He gang ...don't take it too serious. I think Craigs intention is to have a feature that is fun....maybe not for a guy on stage!
He did Kookie Kaoreoke for the same reason.

For someone like me and I think thousands of others...it is very cool and useable in a specific scenario.

Remember we do not know just how it works yet, and maybe it's only the beginning of what will be done on the VH2/
These days HW is a given, it's the software and implementation that counts...That's what I do for a living, custom software in industrial environments.

#328744 - 07/13/11 06:58 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

A fun toy, maybe, maybe not. I though Craigs singing of the national anthem sounded pretty professional. I have heard so called PRO singers that sounded terrible compared to his performance. Many times. And they got paid a lot of $$.

Would I use it on stage (If I performed on stage)? Maybe. depends on the venue I think, IMHO. Think about it...I recently stopped over to hear a friend play at a nursing home...he played well, and sang only so/so...if he used this, and sounded super....do you think the audience would care? Maybe, maybe not. I think most would love to hear the great vocals, and these venues typically just mean playing the song straight away.
In a club ect...probably not.

#328745 - 07/13/11 07:10 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy
A fun toy, maybe, maybe not. I though Craigs singing of the national anthem sounded pretty professional. I have heard so called PRO singers that sounded terrible compared to his performance. Many times. And they got paid a lot of $$.

Lee, please check your Private Messages.

Ian

#328753 - 07/13/11 09:22 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: montunoman]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Here Eileen explains in detail how this is accomplished on the Tyros 4:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=14967

Henni

#328773 - 07/14/11 04:20 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I pasted her post for convenience:

"Yes this is all on Tyros 4.You just need to set it up.You do have to record your song though and you need to record the right hand part onto the track you have picked for the vocoda.Once recorded you need to set the volume balance down to nil on this track.Asign the slider to VH Balance.Set the pitch correct to Hard.Select Vocoda MONO.Press funtion and song setting Set to Karao-Key.Set vocal balance to around R37.It is advisable when you record your melody track which needs to be played using single notes to slow this down to half speed and use the metronome if needed holding the notes for the full duration.You can then set it back to the right speed.You then follow with what you saw on the Demo pressing any note on the upper part of the keyboard in time with your vocal
Have Fun "

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#328781 - 07/14/11 07:44 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: kbrkr]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
If I needed this kind of tool to pull off a live gig, I'd stop trying to sing.

R.

#328784 - 07/14/11 10:39 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: captain Russ]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
If I needed this kind of tool to pull off a live gig, I'd stop trying to sing.

R.

All those steps are a bit onerous. However, I could see this being made into a program that reduces the steps. It might be several years, however, before this technology could be used on the fly.

I could see it being used if there was a song that you really wanted to do, but you just couldn't hit the note.

#328792 - 07/14/11 12:59 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

R.
Would you use it if you could not sing well at all?
Like me. (Not live for a gig, but maybe for yourself & family/friends)??

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online