SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328707 - 07/13/11 02:03 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas,

I was hoping to hear something from you that was different than what the OP contained, but I guess that's not gonna' happen. Over the past couple decades I've played around with just about every vocal processor made and I have yet to hear one that provided vocal quality remotely close to what the OP posted. When you posted the information about the Roland I first thought that maybe something may have changed, but after listening to the Roland demos that was obviously not the case. I asked that YOU demo the VP-770 and assumed from YOUR post that YOU owned one and could provide the forum with a demo of how it sounds, with and without the processor--just as the OP link provided.

I don't think this has anything to do with Yamaha. From my perspective it's a great, technological advancement in vocal processing through the use of very creative software. And, I suspect the same technology could be applied not only to Yamaha, but other arrangers and synths as well. In this particular instance, the software creator just happened to apply this to a Tyros4. I, for one, applaud such advancements and applaud those who have provided us with the fruits of their labor.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328708 - 07/13/11 02:17 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Chas....let's see last tine I looked this was a GENERAL ARRANGER FORUM.
So if someone is excited about a new feature possibility on an ARRANGER....why would you get into this pissing contest about something else?
Yes, this is a Yamaha possible feature, so what, If it was Korg I would be just as excited...BUT, since it is Yamaha....sure Yamaha supporters are going to be excited and supportive...so what???

On this forum exists a very nice feature...if you don'yt have interest or don't in any way like a post...JUST IGNORE it and continue on.

Seems like when ever we get someting positive going one of only a very few just want to cause problems, it gets old.

#328711 - 07/13/11 02:44 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy

If it was Korg I would be just as excited...BUT, since it is Yamaha....sure Yamaha supporters are going to be excited and supportive...so what???

Seems like when ever we get someting positive going one of only a very few just want to cause problems, it gets old.

You know Lee, I'd feel the same excitement if this technology was shown on a Korg arranger. It would raise the bar, and force Korg's competitors (Yamaha, Roland etc.) to play catch up, and who benefits? We the player/user/buyer.

Competition is good for us all.

Let's hope the thread continues in a positive light, and there are no more unnecessary hijacks.

Ian

#328712 - 07/13/11 02:46 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, I guess you missed the part where I acknowledged that the prototype demo as performed on the T4 sounded better than the Roland product.

Lee, yes this is an arranger forum, just as it was when we discussed all the other standalone vocal processors that we've discussed over the years. Didn't seem to bother anyone then. Don't suppose it's the messenger, do you? I'm guessing that nearly half of the people here own or have owned some kind of external voice processor/harmonizer. Well, that's what the VP770 is. The 'VP' stands for VOCAL PROCESSOR. So I guess you're saying that anyone who posts anything other than 'Woohoo, that's great', is a troublemaker who only wants to cause problems. I guess for people who only want to hear what they want to hear, that's true. Anyhow, hope your enthusiasm for this potential product is rewarded in a timely and affordable fashion. No harmful intent here.

chas

#328717 - 07/13/11 03:21 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Chas no that's not what I am saying...
I think we should support each others interest, no matter what brand ect...and sometimes I think some people just live to find a way to be negative. You made what has been posted here like no big deal you can already do that...well, everything so far I heard on the VP770 is not even close...but the real issue is this is a post about a new, possible feature for one of the most successful, most poular arranger keyboads alive today. This is further expanding the VH2 HW on the T4 (and soon the Clavinova 509 follow on model) Why always throw cold water on something fun & positive. The request for a demo based on what you said could be already done, was to hear how good/poor it is, not to say your info is incorrect. Peace.

This thread is specificaly about a Yamaha leading edge development I fould out about at a clinic, by a real top level Yamaha guy that has contributed lots of stuff to many Yamaha products....and it is on a very popular set of products, one being the T4. I just think it is very exciting that maybe, just maybe we could have something on an arranger for us in a group that are not really singers. I play arranger because I love to be a one man band and have some really great mucic coming from my limited musical training. I know that there are some here that are top notch performers, can sing, dance, play multiple instruments etc...but an arranger can also be used by home players to make some great music for us that are not gigging PRO musicians.
This feature would bring a lot of fun and a few laughs for us less fortunate that can not get the pitch right but would like to sing our favotite songs.

My concern now is that yamaha will ignore this great development and we will once again, like many things we have asked yamaha (and others as well) for, be left out. Lets hope that does not happen.
So, once again go to the web site and support the feature, even if you don't want it, or think it sucks...please help the rest of us out here. It only take a couple minutes to post a comment on Youtube....
As to affordability, I really don't know, but knowing Craig...he developed this to sell HW, not to make lots $$ on this fun feature...It could be free, or IMHO it will not be a lot of $$. To us that cannot sing well, and no lessons can fix that...I think we would pay something for it...me, maybe $100 - 200. depending on all the details of it's capability/

#328723 - 07/13/11 04:09 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Lee, thank you for softening the tone of your post and BTW, I agree with everything you said, except for the 'throwing cold water' part smile . I was merely trying to point out that the technology you fancied was already available (athough not as refined) in an existing product. I also listed some of it's other features and the fact that I use mine to control my BK7m arranger module which results in a decent arranger with a terrific harmonizer, you know, something that might interest someone who liked the feature but didn't own a T4. Nothing wrong with alternatives, right? Or having all the available infomation. I'm sorry if I put a damper on your enthuiasm for this product, but in reality, it doesn't really exist as a marketable product at this point. If you want me to go to the site and put in a plug for it, I will happily do so and for all the reasons you mentioned in your post above. Peace to you as well, my friend. Don't go entirely by my avatar; looks can be deceiving, believe me, I know.

chas

#328726 - 07/13/11 04:24 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leezone]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: leezone
but does this work with styles with brand new songs?

question is,
do we have to prepare the song with a special melody midi track beforehand?
or do we have to play the melody along while singing?
or hold-hit the melody note with RH?

if answer is YES to any question above,
then this "plugin" is not practical for live use for those who actually play their arrangers "normally"

just my $0.02

My feelings exactly. Hopefully we will know the answers soon!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#328730 - 07/13/11 04:31 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy
I This thread is specificaly about a Yamaha leading edge development I fould out about at a clinic, by a real top level Yamaha guy that has contributed lots of stuff to many Yamaha products....and it is on a very popular set of products, one being the T4.

Lee, check your Private Messages, please.

Ian

#328738 - 07/13/11 06:07 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Nigel]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel,
how are you, hopefully nothing serious. Get well soon.

OK GUYS & GALS, lets behave. Nigel doesn't need us acting like a bunch of 5 year olds while he's not well.

Originally Posted By: Nigel
I am reading and writing this with difficulty using a small handheld device from a hospital bed. I have had to apply a couple of temp bans to avoid any more hijacking in my absence. I will evaluate this when I get back to a computer next week.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#328739 - 07/13/11 06:17 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Well apart from an in inordinate amount of "spiel", I guess it wasn't too bad. Although no demo of a faster lyric to show how quickly this will pitch correct without artefacts.

The pitch correct on the Pa3 Helicon Voice-live 2 will also do a similar job on very slow lyrics, as is the case with this demo. IN my view, it is still only a toy and a gimmick for home users, as any pro performer using this should be ashamed, and retire gracefully, but for the entertainment of home users of the predominantly home user base of Yamaha, it looks like a fun toy.

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online