SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328667 - 07/13/11 05:48 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Chas,

I already told her it was someone who lost the plot, she is 10 and she agreed thats what see thought too.

Your have control Chas:

QNH 1015 - Wind 230 @ 30 knots, mind the wind shear on finals.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328668 - 07/13/11 05:53 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Chas,

I wasn't going to comment on either yours or FransN comments because they are meant to inflame and goad people into a negative discussion regarding brand preference and will only turn into a pissing contest.

This thread was an honest discussion regarding a really cool feature; it had nothing to do with brand loyalty and it had nothing derogatory towards you or FransN or the keyboards you love. Yet, you have successfully turned the spirit of this thread negative.

Other people on this forum have recently been banned because of derogatory and flaming remarks, but it now appears we have others here who have not gotten the message. If you had a valid point regarding other keyboards Vocal Processor capabilities; leave it at that. Why attack the members here who have a different keyboard with differing views?
And your comment to Tony regarding his picture really highlights your negativity. I don't appreciate this kind of behavior and I wish you would stop it.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#328669 - 07/13/11 05:58 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Al,

Thanks for that I agree with you, this was a bloody good post and we have all learned from it, I am looking forward to seeing the finish product, I have figured out the members out by now, and I know who I won't be inviting around for tea. Not at least to frighten the crap out of everybody.

Cheers Al
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328671 - 07/13/11 06:27 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Chas,

Just as I thought we had turned a corner on SZ and we have ladies posting, first time I have seen, people I have never heard of before post now and we are back on the same old bandwagon, this thread was OK until now, guns drawn at dawn is not what this is about. Chas I understand you were a pilot like me, hell glad you are retired wouldn’t like a tongue-lashing with air traffic control would you, just to get a landing slot. Chas, my granddaughter saw your photo on the screen just now, I tried to explain why you put it there and I could not think of one good reason, if you tell me I will tell her as long as it is logical.

thankyou Mr Tony Hughes....Your my kind of Guy... Paula

#328672 - 07/13/11 06:44 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Princess]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Princess
Chas,

Just as I thought we had turned a corner on SZ and we have ladies posting, first time I have seen, people I have never heard of before post now and we are back on the same old bandwagon, this thread was OK until now, guns drawn at dawn is not what this is about. Chas I understand you were a pilot like me, hell glad you are retired wouldn’t like a tongue-lashing with air traffic control would you, just to get a landing slot. Chas, my granddaughter saw your photo on the screen just now, I tried to explain why you put it there and I could not think of one good reason, if you tell me I will tell her as long as it is logical.

Paula,
Thank You.
In the UK most of us treat ladies like ladies and I am sure they do in the states, but in the recent past SZ is not a place I would want my wife to wander into, let’s not go mad I am not saying it’s foul, but it could be much better and there have been some …….. words. I loved it when I saw your face and I though wow we are going to get some good chat now and seeing you can keep the lid on it, well let’s hope you are not put off and I for one would like to hear more from you. My wife once open SZ by mistake and I can’t type what she said about it. There is a lot to learn and there are a handful of very experienced and helpful people on SZ.

Very Kind Regards Paula

Tony

#328673 - 07/13/11 06:52 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Al, sounds like you're another that didn't bother to thoroughly read my posts. Pity. There was lots of good information there for those that may not have known about this keyboard. Of course, if you're pre-disposed to looking for something negative in ANYthing I post, what can I say. As for Tony's picture, TONY was the one who brought up the subject of avatars, a point conveniently overlooked. And anyone except someone looking for something negative would recognize that my response to Tony's remark about my avatar was nothing more than a good-natured, humorous retort. My oh my, you guys do love to rush in to a feeding frenzy. Also, I'm not overly concerned about what you do and don't appreciate. Don't like my posts, don't read them.

chas

#328674 - 07/13/11 07:39 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: cgiles]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
There is nothing to find on you-tube,of the same quality of pitch correction,no Roland,Korg,Tc H, etc,etc.
They all sound "robotic"synthy.
The T4 example is realy the first of this quality !
It sound real naturally without distortion.

Impuls grin

#328675 - 07/13/11 08:08 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I may be in the minority, but I thought Chas offered an unbiased alternative to the T4 plugin. He didn't say it was better than the T4 as a whole, but rather contained an equal or better vocoder.

In researching the VP770, I was quite surprised eventhough it is not an arranger.
Bernie

#328677 - 07/13/11 08:16 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I agree that the quality shown in the Yamaha demo is indeed better than that on the VP770. However, it is (probably) not 'pitch correction' as we know it, as even multi-thousand dollar pro studio units won't do pitch correction over that great a range. I suspect it is technology similar to Roland's, except that it sounds better. Of course, at this point, it's only vaporware but would be a nice feature as an inexpensive software update on an existing keyboard. One question would be, how do different voices effect the final 'voice'. Also, is this limited to a single voice or can this also generate harmony parts in the same (or other) voices? Guess those questions won't be answered until this project is picked up by Yamaha, developed, and made available to it's customers. Hope that happens sooner than later. Maybe they'll make it available for my T2. Nah.

chas

#328680 - 07/13/11 09:06 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Princess]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Princess
Chas,

You're right Paula, Tony is one of the "good guys" on the forum, and a perfect gentleman...plus he's a real PILOT as well.

I am also very pleased to see another lady posting, and I am sure Rikki and Elizabeth are glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to SZ.

Ian

Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online