SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328590 - 07/12/11 12:35 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My ROLAND VP770 (and the VP550 before it) does all this and 10 times more, including being a world class vocal harmonizer, a superior vocoder, a decent synth, and a good controller for my BK7m arranger module. It also plays wav's and mp3's with highly synced part markers for to up to 16 parts assigned to the bottom 16 keys of the (very good feeling) keyboard. It has so many other features that would make it a dream machine for poor-singing arranger players, but poor marketing has made it a 'best kept secret' in all but the top end of the music industry. Many well known touring professionals have it in their arsenal and those who have taken the time to explore it, learn it, and are open-minded enough to recognize it's potential, love it. One downside; it ain't cheap (@ $2100 usd). Oh, did I mention that it has 'Supernatural Brass', a Roland feature that operates like the brass on no other synth. Also, great strings and choirs. Oh yeah, auto chord follow, and auto harmony creation from the note you sing (with no keyboard input - plus these modes can be combined, if desired). With this KB, you can literally 'talk' the lyrics (and key the melody) and it will do the rest. This board goes WAYYYYYY beyond pitch correction. You won't be able to see all the benefits and features from a store demonstration; you really need to do some serious research and spend some quality time with it.

Don't want this post to sound like a super testimonial/promotional/sales pitch, like so many of the T4 posts (which, frankly, is starting to get a little annoying -we get it; the T4 is the end-all of the entire music world). This (VP770) is a seriously good instrument for those who need this type of keyboard and are willing to make the investment in time to learn to use it.

chas

#328591 - 07/12/11 12:37 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Well Joe,
there you go we are all not as well blessed vocally as you, some of us have not had the professional voice training like you, some of us can just about get away with saying we can sing, especially when we sing in front of old people who are part deaf or tone deaf. Joe if the technology is there Yamaha will use it to sell KBS what wrong with that. Don’t you use echo or reverberation on your KB or is that you straight voice. Life has moved on from the Bontempi , C3 etc, spring reverberation units and copy cat tape echo.

Tonyneeeeeeeeeeeee!

There you are pitch perfect joe.

Anyone can sing...it is just many should NOT!! Including quite a few on this forum.

Software like this, same as auto-tune and others, should be banned from all but those people who sing ONLY at home for their personal enjoyment/pastime.

I agree with the post that if you are a pro singer, this software should be TOTALLY redundant. Reverb and other ambience effects are okay imho as they are merely enhancements, NOT correctional tools.

#328595 - 07/12/11 01:12 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: miden]
Tony Hughes Offline

Miden

I make it 10 to 1 in favor of the gizmos, anyway you don’t need to turn it on if your voice is so perfect and we haven’t heard you sing yet on SZ, we only have your word for it. It least Joe did the sing.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328597 - 07/12/11 01:17 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy
Joe,
In the music business...who said everyone here is in the music business???
And who says ALL arranger players or any keyboard for that matter can sing or even wants to??

There are LOTS of folks that wouls sing some, if they could....this is a breakthrough technology. BY YAMAHA ONLY.
Also, This is a hobby for me and others....

That's the basic idea, Lee...probably for "home" users, but there are pros who use pitch correct all the time in studios (and "live" as well), so I can see Tyros4 users/singers taking advantage of it when out performing "live".

Definitely a "breakthrough".

Ian

#328599 - 07/12/11 01:21 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Miden

I make it 10 to 1 in favor of the gizmos, anyway you don’t need to turn it on if your voice is so perfect and we haven’t heard you sing yet on SZ, we only have your word for it. It least Joe did the sing.

I have never made any claims whatsoever in ALL my time in this place about my own abilities. For the most part it is a waste of time with the egos and "personalities" that seem to haunt it.

I stand by my comment, and Joes, that ANY person claiming to be a professional singer that "NEEDS" any sort of auto tuning or pitch correctional device, should not be claiming such a thing. End of!!

#328600 - 07/12/11 01:25 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: miden]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Miden

I have never made any claims whatsoever in ALL my time in this place about my own abilities. For the most part it is a waste of time with the egos and "personalities" that seem to haunt it.

I stand by my comment, and Joes, that ANY person claiming to be a professional singer that "NEEDS" any sort of auto tuning or pitch correctional device, should not be claiming such a thing. End of!!

Why are so many people in fear of progress,because that what this is and Yamaha lead the field.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328601 - 07/12/11 01:34 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Why are so many people in fear of progress,because that what this is and Yamaha lead the field.

What is funny, Tony, is that "pitch correction" is used by many professionals in the studio...and quite often in "live" performances.

It's hardly "progress", and more like "keeping up" with the norm.

It is nice to see Yamaha be the first to implement such a powerful arranger tool for both amateurs and pros.

Ian

#328602 - 07/12/11 01:40 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

#328603 - 07/12/11 01:43 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

That was lovely!

#328604 - 07/12/11 01:44 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Every home should have one!

Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online