SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328528 - 07/11/11 07:47 PM You will not believe this!!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, is everyone setting down?
If not...be sure to.

Tonight I met Craig Knudsen of Yamaha. Sweewater had him in to launch their new line...Clavinovas and Pianos from Yamaha. He did a super demo, performance, and fun presentation, highlighting the 509. What a fine gentleman and a VERY talented player. He is a heavy hitter at Yamaha and works with Tyros, Clavinova and Disklaveir. Works with Martin Harris regularly.

But, here is the real story...do you wish you could sing IN PITCH? I sure do and I have asked for and always thought this is possible with todays technology...well IT IS!!!

Enough said...just go watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIiuSglLMY

What do you think?
To me it sounds VERY good and not fake or digital.

Edited by leeboy (07/11/11 07:49 PM)

#328532 - 07/11/11 09:06 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
One word.

WOW! It was so smooth so natural. I dont think TC Helicon can do this. I used to have a Pa1x with the optional pitch correction and voice modelling, this just blows it away.

Am looking into another TOTL arranger, was considering very strongly the Pa3x, now im unsure. If yamaha can come up with this through a software update maybe they have learned a little from korg on releasing updates and upgrades to their machines.

David

#328533 - 07/11/11 09:14 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Pearlss1977]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
That was great.
Any Idea when and where we might see this technology on the market?
Thanks
Eric

#328534 - 07/11/11 09:28 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Maybe I'm missing something here but what are you doing in the music business if you can't sing on pitch?

Joe

#328538 - 07/11/11 11:09 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Songman55]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Songman55
Maybe I'm missing something here but what are you doing in the music business if you can't sing on pitch?

Joe

Well Joe,
there you go we are all not as well blessed vocally as you, some of us have not had the professional voice training like you, some of us can just about get away with saying we can sing, especially when we sing in front of old people who are part deaf or tone deaf. Joe if the technology is there Yamaha will use it to sell KBS what wrong with that. Don’t you use echo or reverberation on your KB or is that you straight voice. Life has moved on from the Bontempi , C3 etc, spring reverberation units and copy cat tape echo.

Tonyneeeeeeeeeeeee!

There you are pitch perfect joe.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328539 - 07/11/11 11:15 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Pearlss1977]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Pearlss1977
One word.

WOW! It was so smooth so natural. I dont think TC Helicon can do this. I used to have a Pa1x with the optional pitch correction and voice modelling, this just blows it away.

Am looking into another TOTL arranger, was considering very strongly the Pa3x, now im unsure. If yamaha can come up with this through a software update maybe they have learned a little from korg on releasing updates and upgrades to their machines.

David

David,

And WOW from me. I can't sing a freaking note but the christmas I am booked at the home for wrinkles near me, $300 for 1 hour,

MY WAY
STAND BY YOUR BED (MAN)
WE'LL MEET AGAIN

and all that old stuff, they will be rocking in their wheelchairs.
I might even enter "Britains got Talent" watch out Simon
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328543 - 07/12/11 01:33 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Lee,
that looks like a lot of fun if one can't sing in tune. I've got such a lousy voice , I don't think I'd even be game with that option. haa haa

I've never tried using a vocalizer on the pa800 ( totally wasted on me) , but what would be the difference between that and what's in the Korg? I was just browsing the pa3x manual & noticed it had some sort of pitch correction onboard, I gather the PA2x had it also??
I can't try it coz I don't own a mic.
Originally Posted By: leeboy

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#328544 - 07/12/11 02:45 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: rikkisbears]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Is this real done on the T4 ??
And how ??

Impuls grin

#328545 - 07/12/11 03:20 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Singing is not always about vocal capabilities look for example at Joe Dassin who has not very powerful voice but he is loved by lots of people (I know he’s dead now BTW). And what this man showed in this video is mostly fun but I don’t think that singing is about that. I think that it’s rather a wrong track.

#328547 - 07/12/11 04:35 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Songman55]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Songman55

Joe

I've heard plenty of "singers" that can't sing on pitch and on top of it get paid a lot of money.

Actually, you've got to remember, this is mainly intended for fun use in the home. Or is it? I could use it as I'm an instrumentalist.

Edited by Scott Langholff (07/12/11 04:58 AM)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online