SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328951 - 07/17/11 04:57 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
There is nothing to find with the same result as the T4 on you-tube.

Would you be happy to sing into a microphone and hear a completely different voice coming back that sounds nothing at all like your voice ?

No ?

Well that's exactly why you won't find a demo of anyone online using the technology in the manner this guys is demonstrating it. NO serious person would want to change their voice into something that sounds nothing remotely close to their voice.

I have the same problem in the Studio. I am only allowed to go so far before a singer will turn around and say that's not their voice. Weather it sounds amazing or not makes no difference. If it sounds nothing like them, you cannot use it.

The technology has been around a long time. This guy is just demonstrating the gimmick side of it.

I bet there's not a single person on this forum who would dare use it outside of the home.

Regards
James.

#328952 - 07/17/11 04:57 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Irishacts]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Irishacts
Hi Tony.
I don't mean to be rude, but you really are not up to speed on all this. I've had singers in my Studio who should have been shot and put out of their misery, yet they leave the Studio sounding amazing.

For years I've been using pitch correction, adding Vibrato, Breath, Growl, Rasp and many other aspects of Voice Modelling Technology to singers voices. I even have Gender Change technology by where a guy can sing and do female harmony to his own songs.

The only thing this video demonstrates is just how little people are aware of what has been on the market for the last 10 years.

I'm really shocked by that...!!!!

Regards
James.

James Hi,
Nice to see you back posting.
As you can see I have gone down the T4 route, still got your favourite pet the Audya , I nearly bought a MS hells I am glad I didn't, they are completely off radar. James can you do a short video before and after like the T4, it would put an end to all this and perhaps this post once and for all, and if you want a dummy who can’t sing, I will come across , perhaps DANNY BOY I could really ruin it for you without correction turned on and perhaps with it turned on.
Anyway have we missed anything of the MS R&D or not, still not seen any video, you know most stuff is sold on the web and the good Yamaha demos sell KB, this cannot be denied.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328953 - 07/17/11 05:03 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Yamaha have the money to throw at design and software, the other just don't.

Really ?
So what's Yamaha's answer to the KORG M3, OASYS and KRONOS ?
Another Motif rehash...again.. ?

Everyone happy with the difference between a Tyros 3 and 4 ?

James.

#328955 - 07/17/11 05:10 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Irishacts]
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

Can you rig a demo with the pitch correction, it would be interesting I think for everyone, would it take much doing.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328956 - 07/17/11 05:16 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tony.

Quote:
As you can see I have gone down the T4 route, still got your favourite pet the Audya

Good for you. I was only playing a T4 last week for a few hours. It is a great sounding keyboard. Easy to operate and instant gratification.

Quote:
I nearly bought a MS hells I am glad I didn't, they are completely off radar

Not sure it would have been the right choice for you if something like a Tyros 4 appeals to you. They are nothing alike. The Meidastation is certainly not off the radar through. Activity is on other forums that's all.

The new Rack is on the way, beta version of 5.1 are online... there's lots of good work being done.

Quote:
James can you do a short video before and after like the T4, it would put an end to all this and perhaps this post once and for all, and if you want a dummy who can’t sing, I will come across , perhaps DANNY BOY I could really ruin it for you without correction turned on and perhaps with it turned on.

To be honest I would only see it as a waste of my time. The guy in the video is fooling you all into thinking that this is dead simple when it's not. He has sequenced in every single note he is going to sing into the keyboard, and the notes he is playing on the keyboard mean nothing. They only advance the sequence to the next note.

So, not only is he not playing the song, none of the notes he’s playing have anything to do with the song either other than to advance the sequence. And you guys are impressed with that ?

Dropping 4 grand on a keyboard so you don't have to play it and don't have to hear a voice that sounds anything like your own ? If you want to do that, just buy a CD of someone else and pretend it's you.

Quote:
you know most stuff is sold on the web and the good Yamaha demos sell KB, this cannot be denied.

True... but it is also shocking just how little people know about what they are buying. Selling a Yamaha to a Yamaha user is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Regards
James

#328957 - 07/17/11 05:23 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Irishacts]
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

Still a lot of people changing to T4 who do not have Yamaha.

James do you still have any predictions on Audya

Tony

#328958 - 07/17/11 06:02 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Can you rig a demo with the pitch correction, it would be interesting I think for everyone, would it take much doing.

Tony

I don't think we'll see a demo the equal of the one Craig has done...just excuses...it can only be done on the Tyros4.

I suspect Craig's software will be picked up by Yamaha if enough interest is shown, and there appears to be a great deal, judging by the number of views on this thread.

Tyros4 is is selling so well, it needs nothing to boost it's popularity amongst the hobbyists and the pros,(witness the huge number of YouTube videos-more than any other TOTL arranger introduced this year) but, I have a feeling Craig's software will help add a bunch more.

Ian

#328959 - 07/17/11 06:05 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi James,I fully understand your argument and you are probably correct ( after all, I know next to nothing about any of this technology ) BUT, how much equipment do you have to do these same tricks and what did it cost?

It may well be that we're being fooled by the YouTube video - we'll have to see as more becomes known. I myself have doubts but have an open mind at this stage.

The main thing is, that if it does work, it will be a great move forward for the average home player and maybe someone who entertains the oldies and it won't entail carrying a cartload of extremely expensive equipment to do it.
Tony

#328960 - 07/17/11 06:24 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: Impuls
Also the PA3 sounds not as natural like the T4.
There is nothing to find with the same result as the T4 on you-tube.
I am also curios why Mr Knudsen not respond on all the questions about this movie ,Maybe its Fake ?

Impuls

Impuls,

There are just not the numbers of Korgs sold to Yamaha, in fact not that many other KBs to Yamaha,
Yamaha have the money to throw at design and software, the other just don't. Thats why we don't see any good demos, its a fact of life.

Tony

The results on the Tyros4, even to the uneducated ear, indicate that it is Craig's natural voice coming through the speakers, and, although the Pa3X vocal processor can do pitch correct, it can't do it to the degree that Craig has done with the T4's VH-2.

Maybe it can, if Craig was to apply a version of his software to the Helicon unit, but, methinks this will probably be exclusive to Yamaha, if the interest remains high.

Tony, all one has to do is watch YouTube and the vast number of Tyros4 videos, done by amateur and pro alike...it appears to be a runaway success both for the home market and the pro OMB, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it is Yamaha's best selling Tyros model. The PA3X's lack of "Wow!" to users and potential buyers is quite likely due to the allotment of Korg's limited R&D money...it seems that most of it went on the new Kronos (very nice instrument, by the way) and little was left for the PA3X other than a new coat of black paint and a few added features, like the Chord Sequencer (which, apparently, isn't as much of a doddle to use as expected).

In regards to Impulse's question...no, the video is genuine and not fake.

Craig has done other work for Yamaha of equal cleverness.

Ian

PS...I see Vangelis is interested in an Audya.

#328961 - 07/17/11 06:27 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Still a lot of people changing to T4 who do not have Yamaha.

Maybe, there's no facts to prove either way. From running KORG Forums I could easily say the opposite but that would equally be as inaccurate as any statement on this subject.

We simply don't know.

Regards
James

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online