SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#328465 - 07/10/11 11:44 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: travlin'easy]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Gary

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Without the tireless work of Jorgen, Michael Bedesem, and a handful of other creative and resourceful individuals many of us would still be living in the Dark Ages of arranger keyboards. Others that deserve recognition include: Heiko Plate, Joe Maas, Peter Wierzba, Kim Winther and some lesser known folks, all of which have contributed immensely to the advancement of arranger keyboard players.

Thanks to all,

Gary cool

Do you think we can send a bill to Yamaha ? wink

Jørgen

#328467 - 07/10/11 12:48 PM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Just my 2 cents....

I have both brands and for my own experience I can say the following:
You CAN make a Factory Quality style with Korg, using mainly the keyboard, and yes, I recommend to use ANY decent PC sequencer program, I used the Cakewalk/Sonar, but you can use any other.
No one mention the fact that in the melodic Intros/endings you can have one in a Mayor tonality and another in a minor tonality and both can be very different, that you can do on the Korg, not in the Yamaha.
I have to say, that Jørgen has provide us with more useful tools than Yamaha, for that, Thank you again Jørgen.

The Yamaha style designers use a "special" software (I am pretty sure is Mac based), and the "basic" style tools that the keyboards have, are "almost" a marketing thing, just to say that they have it, not fully function-able, there is not chord table to assign the ""virtual" variations. Example, let's say I made a variation 1, well, to enable the keyboard to respond to more complex chords, I must make more "virtual" variations # 1, like the virtual tracks in a digital recorder, so you can have several takes on track 1.....the same applies in the style making, using the chord table assingment you can make the variation 1 virtual # 2 or 3, to respond to a suspended or diminish, etc.....chords.
that is what my friend Juan MIguel and I used to make those Mexican styles for Korg.

I do like all arrangers, some have "stronger" areas as well weak ones in one brand vs the other.
When I want to make a style for my own use, I make it in the Korg, and after I am done there, I use the Style Works Universal XT to converted to Yamaha, and even there, I need to make more editing to make it "decent".
All depends how picky you are and how you want it done, and most of all, how much time you want to dedicate to do it, and I almost forgot, you need lots of patience.

#328481 - 07/10/11 09:22 PM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: mdorantes]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi mdorantes,
sorry to butt in, can't help myself.
Apart from havin Major & Minor intro's, they can also be different lengths. Intro 1 Major can be 8 bars wheras Intro 1 Min. might only be 4, don't think that can be done on my PSR either.

It's a pity Yamaha styles can't be made the same way as the korg. I actually convert my psr1500 styles across to korg from a midifile of the style.
On the whole they look very similar to each other in a sequencer. I just change the markers to suit Korg. Move the tracks from the Minor intro's & endings to the end of the file. Swap midi channels 9 & 11 to suit Korg. Now with the XG Drums in PA3X, I won't even have to remap the drums. (Slightly simplistic veiw of how it works.)

Be great if you could just do the opposite above, and somehow add the casm for psr ie be able to do you editing in the pc instead of the yammie, I assume.

[quote=mdorantes]Just my 2 cents....

Edited by rikkisbears (07/10/11 09:23 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online