SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#328441 - 07/10/11 06:26 AM Insure it !
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
In the past week, the house that one of my nieces lived in lived in prior to buying their current home burned to the ground. And now, her sister's next door neighbor, who had a showplace country home, burned to the ground. Two months ago, a friend I went to high school with, his place burned up. I could name a few more that happened in the past couple of years from my small world.

What a devastating thing to have happen to you. And I think of all the extra stuff we all have. Might need riders, etc. I certainly need to heed this advice, I have quite a few guitars, plus an Audya and quite a bit of PA gear. Thinking about it won't cut it.

#328443 - 07/10/11 06:37 AM Re: Insure it ! [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

Our houses in the UK don't burn down, they are built with bricks and we don't have house surrounded by forests, but you have a point if you lose the house everything gone, hell it doesn’t do to think about but you need to be insured, is house and contents insurance expensive where you live.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328464 - 07/10/11 10:58 AM Re: Insure it ! [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I was an insurance agent for over forty years, and can tell you that understating losses due to no documentation and plain forgetting what you had is a very big factor.

I would suggest any howmeowner take a camcorder from room to room and describe what you are viewing with all known facts. This includes such things as make. approx purchase date, cost new etc..

Edited by Bernie9 (07/10/11 10:59 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online