SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#327974 - 07/03/11 09:19 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: kbrkr]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: kbrkr

What is with the personal vendetta against Donny?

Gee, Al, from what I could tell, Tony and Donny have always been friends.

They just like to kid one another, that's all.

Ian

#327977 - 07/03/11 09:42 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: joso
Hi

For creating a style from scratch please read my Style Creation Course at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style_creation_course.pdf

For different time signatures in a style please read http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style2_9.htm and http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stytime/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

There you go Donny, thats how it's done, if you don't know you ask someone, you obviously didn't know and Jogen did, if I didn't know I would say I didn't.Thanks Jorgen we can all read this now. I felt like brand new when I got up this morning hence the photo change. arranger arrange arranger

What is with the personal vendetta against Donny?

Al what all this about me and Donny are the best of buddies???

again Bill clearly asked for a VIDEO Tony... believe me I know the great work Jorgen has and continues to do thru the years....

#328027 - 07/03/11 10:34 PM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thats what this shows all about, just takes a bit of time getting there. Glad someone could help Bill. I might need it when I get the T4.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328144 - 07/05/11 04:24 PM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, Jorgen and Telmo:

Fantastic work. I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet creating something soon.

Just another reason why "the Zone" is such a great site.

Best regards,

Dave Rice

#328159 - 07/05/11 08:28 PM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK...Please lets take this a little farther.
If I want to make a complex style for a specific song...what approach is used on the T4??
Lets say something complex like abroadway musical song.
Or is that beyond the T4's capabilities?
Thanks,

#328194 - 07/06/11 06:26 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lee,

It's not at all complex, but it is time consuming, and a bit intimidating at first. Several years ago I created a song specific style file for "My Girl" using the PSR-3000. The process took about two hours before the style sounded fairly good to me. The instructions on the PSR Tutorial site, which at the time were written for the PSR-2000 guided me through the process, and those same instructions are valid for the Tyros and all PSR-series arranger keyboards.

What I accomplished in two hours, at least to me, was a lot of fun, but by no means was the style something that could be considered superb by any means. There are a few individuals out there who do this sort of thing every day, and they have created thousands upon thousands of incredible style files, many of which are archived on the PSR-Tutorial site.

Creating a style for a Broadway Musical would be no more difficult than creating any other style file, which is essentially a looping MIDI file. Each segment, Intros, variations, fills, break, endings contains: rythm1, rythm2, bass, chd1, chd2, pad, phr1 and phr2, all of which can be tweaked, tuned, volumes adjusted, or muted out. To this you can add multi-pads, which also have some pretty amazing sounds and options.

As you can see, it's a bit more complex than most folks believe, and from what I've seen over the years most people are not willing to take the time to master this aspect of arranger keyboards. In this world of instant gratification the majority of arranger keyboard owners just want to press a couple buttons and play a song. As Diki once said, it's hard to find someone that has takent he time to read the owner's manual, let alone learn the operating system.

The instructions Jorgen and others have posted are actually quite user friendly and they are to be applauded for their tireless efforts over these many years.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328207 - 07/06/11 11:29 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: travlin'easy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most songs etc. are broken up into a set number of bars which get repeated at various times during the song.
If you can find a midi file of the song, load it into a sequencer and view it in notation mode, you should then be able to identify the repeats, thus allowing you to base your style on this. (Just play the notes you see on the screen into your style creator)

Most boards allow you to split a midi file into sections and select them using the normal arranger variation etc. so if it is something specific you want; this may be a better way to go. (It also has the advantage that you do not have to play the chords, thus leaving you left hand to use all the expression controls to make right hand voices sound as good as they can be.

Hope this helps

Bill

#328209 - 07/06/11 11:40 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I just tried to make my very first style (and probably my last) Yes, I'd rather pay for good quality styles. Is there anybody out there that can make a killin' reggaeton style for me?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#328210 - 07/06/11 11:42 AM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Lee,

In this world of instant gratification the majority of arranger keyboard owners just want to press a couple buttons and play a song. As Diki once said, it's hard to find someone that has takent he time to read the owner's manual, let alone learn the operating system.

guilty as charged

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#328220 - 07/06/11 02:26 PM Re: Any videos of someone creating a style available? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you go to Jorgen Sorrensen's site you'll find a program called MIDI-TO-STYLE that really does a pretty good job of converting midi files into style files. However, you will have to do a fair amount of tweeking and tuning after the process is completed in order to get an outstanding final product. You'll find it at MIDI2STYLE

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online