SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#324500 - 05/19/11 09:28 AM What Happened to the KETRON Audya??
Dnj Offline

I haven't read anything here on the Audya in a long while.....whats going on? Is anyone using one to perform? Are there any new OS updates? for a while it was the bees Knees ....now silence....I'd like to hear how things are going with this unit? Anyone?

Edited by Dnj (05/19/11 09:45 AM)

#324501 - 05/19/11 09:58 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I know an SZ memember that just got one. Maybe he'll post about it.

I for one dream about getting an Audya myself too. But for now I'll have to stay true to my signature.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#324502 - 05/19/11 10:17 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Wow, the Audya first came out in 2007 so it's been 4 years now.
Is Ketron releasing a new model replacement anytime soon?! juggle

#324504 - 05/19/11 10:31 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It's still a very impressive sound, although the drums don't quite wow me as much since I've bought the Tyros4. They still sound great, nonetheless.

I'm also not sure I'd like buttons so close to the keys, as they are on the Audya's left hand side, although, perhaps someone with an Audya can say if they are intrusive or not (they look easy to hit accidentally when playing vigorously).

Out 4 years....has it really been that long?! eek2

Ian

#324505 - 05/19/11 10:55 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Plenty of activity on the dedicated Ketron Forum

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/22/1/Ketron_Forum

Bill

#324506 - 05/19/11 11:01 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Wow, the Audya first came out in 2007 so it's been 4 years now.
Is Ketron releasing a new model replacement anytime soon?! juggle

Scott,

The one in the demo is the latest model, bet you won't hear a MS played like that ever, not know and not in the furture, the MS and Audya abou the same price. The Audya sounds like that out the box, and so does the T4. I have had one for 2 years at first it was hell, but I think Ketron have sorted out the problems, think sale are very slow now but I was in a shop last week and they said T4 have stopped selling, the first rush is over.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324507 - 05/19/11 11:18 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My Audya76 is doing just fine and certainly do not regret buying it. Subjectively, the best sounding board on the market with many innovative features, especially live drums and guitars etc.

For me, Ian, the buttons are very handy. Once you get used to them, they are second nature. The sliders are the same way. The whole idea is to have everything at your fingertips rather than pushing through levels to get to the parameter you need while playing.

Somebody more technical than I will have to report on advanced features. I play the KN7000 and G70, plus the vArranger as well,and, admittedly, haven't gotten deep into it.

Although I have had no problems, the more vocal owners have decried the bugs found in theirs. MOST, I'm sure, do not suffer the same. However, we are all waiting for the new update that is finished. Also, AJ is about to release his new styles and improvements at any time.

I find the keybed to be good but not as good as my Roland.

Once again, I find that every brand has their plusses and drawbacks. I have had Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil, and Technics TOTL keyboards and it is so.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (05/19/11 11:22 AM)

#324509 - 05/19/11 12:02 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bernie9

For me, Ian, the buttons are very handy. Once you get used to them, they are second nature. The sliders are the same way. The whole idea is to have everything at your fingertips rather than pushing through levels to get to the parameter you need while playing.

Thanks Bernie...I remember having a Yamaha PSR-70 (remember that old one?) that had switches in the same place, and they were very handy, and didn't interfere...and yes, sliders are good!

Ian

#324511 - 05/19/11 12:59 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: ianmcnll]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Ian
May I say you are a gentleman.

I hesitate to post sometimes,as I never enter into a p---- contest. I am always glad to give an opinion, otherwise.

My last Yamaha was a 6300 ? with the lid like the Technics. A fine keyboard for it's day. I had it for quite a few years.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (05/19/11 01:02 PM)

#324514 - 05/19/11 01:26 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Thanx everyone for some replies.....funny how Kb's just come and go in the Limelight...heck the new Pa3x just 5 months ago was all the talk at winter NAMM now not much about it is read!...oh well...
I am "frivolously buying disorder" clean two years now and doing well cool2 ....I patiently await new releases down the road for my consideration also but who knows when that will be? Meanwhile You Tube demos fill the need for now, we'll see?....enjoy your day everyone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online