SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32307 - 07/05/06 05:09 AM Okey Ive decide to buy a Midijay to perform with but can I contol it with my Feet?
Awesome John Offline

Loc: Marmaris, Turkey
I lost my keyboard player the gigs are waiting and my bills are piling up...

so I decided (thanks to your suggestions on this board) to buy a ketron midijay... okey but how do I send it "music chord data?" Im not a keyboard player...

Okey before the gig I could get another key boartd player to drop by and plug in his keyboard to it and play the chords so that the midijay could memorise the songs in a certain style etc...
But I want to be able to use the midi jay in "reel time" and send it "what key to play in information with a foot pedal board" is this possible.. I saw the rolands have a couple that could work when pluged in to the midijay... so I guess I could get by with it... maybe assign a pedal or 2 for "fills" endings and intros...

Yeah in theory it all sounds good but "How do I tell it to play a minor cord? When you play one note with your foot the ketron will play a major How do I tell it to play a minor chord...???

This way I could improvise on the guitar and be relaxed and extend songs etc...

So The question is ... "is there a cool live performance orientated foot pedalboard that has these features that I could plug into my ne midi jay and just go out there and gig playing magor and minor chords??"

#32308 - 07/06/06 11:28 AM Re: Okey Ive decide to buy a Midijay to perform with but can I contol it with my Feet?
bobsynth Offline

Loc: Berlin, MD
You play a minor with 2 feet by playing the root and flated 3rd. Another way is to have an F13 foot switch pedal, (along with your midi bass pedals)and program one of the swithches to minor the chord. In that way you play the root on the midi bass pedal along with the minor foot switch. You can program the other switches for things like start, stop, break, fill, intro, ending, etc. Ketron sells these foot switches.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online