SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#321360 - 04/10/11 12:49 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
Why must Korg always look to the T4,one key with choirs is more than enough,it,s like the T4,a few new styles and some more goodies and we have number 3.
just my opion.

#321397 - 04/10/11 10:09 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
The choirs/vocals on this unit sound a lot better than the choirs/vocals on the Tyros4. The samples used in the T4 are old ones recycled from Yamahas previous performance pianos/synths. I have the very same on my P-250 - with the switching and all. The Roland FP-4 has some choirs/scat voices - and you guys forgot the VA line marketed as "A Keyboard that sings" with their V-Vocal technology. This is nothing new or groundbreaking. But I must say that I really dig the sound of that operatic female soloist in the PA3X demos - that is one of the best ones I've heard on a hardware unit. Makes me remember the Techno Opera from The 5th Element - that was beautiful!
So if I can get a female backup singer doing the ooos and aaas and not having to put up with the FVS "Female Vocalist Syndrome" - that is a plus in my book smile

DocZ

#321492 - 04/11/11 09:13 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: doc-z]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Originally Posted By: doc-z
The choirs/vocals on this unit sound a lot better than the choirs/vocals on the Tyros4. The samples used in the T4 are old ones recycled from Yamahas previous performance pianos/synths. I have the very same on my P-250 - with the switching and all. The Roland FP-4 has some choirs/scat voices - and you guys forgot the VA line marketed as "A Keyboard that sings" with their V-Vocal technology. This is nothing new or groundbreaking. But I must say that I really dig the sound of that operatic female soloist in the PA3X demos - that is one of the best ones I've heard on a hardware unit. Makes me remember the Techno Opera from The 5th Element - that was beautiful!
So if I can get a female backup singer doing the ooos and aaas and not having to put up with the FVS "Female Vocalist Syndrome" - that is a plus in my book smile

DocZ

I actually disagree with you on this one. I don't remember having any choirs on the T2. The T4 has many Choirs that are just breathtaking. The Boys/Man's Choir is two that I can think of off the top of my head. I don't remember the Pa2xpro I had having any decent choirs either. I haven't heard enough Pa3x demos or played it live to determine how it competes with the T4; I don't know how you can either.

Just one example of how I use choirs practically is using the Gospel Hmmmmm choir is in the breakdown of Elvis "Suspicious Minds". When I play that voice during that song, people go nuts. That's a very different sound then you'd play during the Stone's "You can't always get what you want". I played the Boys Choir during Canon in D during a Wedding Ceremony and everyone commented how beautiful it sounded.

Don't underestimate the importance of good voices. I hope the Korg Pa3 voices are as good as the T4's because that means those customers who purchase that keyboard will be satisfied.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#321497 - 04/11/11 09:32 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Al, I'm with you...The Tyros4 finally took a forward step to me adding vocal sounds that sound like vocals...up to this time...only Roland had the vocal tones that worked...The PA800 doesn't and compared to the previous Tyros models..the PA800 was better....

Actually the Tyros4 is the only Yamaha arranger that I like...but the cost is a rip and it doesn't interest me...till the Tyros5 comes out...then I can find a Tyros4 for under 2g's.. smile

#321548 - 04/11/11 07:17 PM Have you heard this T4 Choir Voice? [Re: Fran Carango]
kbrkr Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BV07XSHqIM&feature=player_embedded#at=16

That is pretty cool and it's part of the Entertainers Pack.

Fran, I purchased my T4 from Frank and i thought it was a good deal. It was less than I paid for the Pa2xpro.

#321550 - 04/11/11 07:24 PM Re: Have you heard this T4 Choir Voice? [Re: kbrkr]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Ahhh that's awful. oowehoo how useless.

#321551 - 04/11/11 07:25 PM Re: Have you heard this T4 Choir Voice? [Re: john smies]
kbrkr Offline

#321552 - 04/11/11 07:27 PM Re: Have you heard this T4 Choir Voice? [Re: kbrkr]
FransN Offline

OMG even worse. cry

#321553 - 04/11/11 07:30 PM Re: Have you heard this T4 Choir Voice? [Re: kbrkr]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: kbrkr

Ha Ha! That is so cool!

I like it!

Ian

#321643 - 04/12/11 05:29 PM Re: Have you heard this T4 Choir Voice? [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Cool? Now this pack is cool especially at 3.05 the intro of Ladys Night by kool and the gang.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online