SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#321661 - 04/12/11 11:50 PM Ordered BK-7m - thanks George & Forum Members
truberto Offline

Loc: Goodyear, AZ, USA
Don't post too much - but sure do enjoy reading and learning. Just wanted to thank the many forum members who have said good things about George. I have never done business with him, but based on the reputation he has on SZ, I reached out regarding the new Roland Arranger module. George was awesome - after answering my questions, I gave him my credit card number with a smile. As a small business owner, I appreciate his level of expertise and knowledge. I can't always do it, but it felt good giving him my money instead of a big chain. Add me to the group of happy customers recommending George.

As for the module, I will be using it with my Motif XS8. I own a small company that develops and markets content for the web and mobile devices. My mid-life crisis has taken the form of playing and creating music again. So I bought the Motif to write my own background tracks for podcasts, websites and videos. Sometimes I need something quick, or just want to play with backup. I love my MOTIF (thinking about ordering the XF8), but it is not an arranger. The BK-7m fills a much needed space - small and priced well. Looking forward to sharing thoughts and some videos when the unit arrives.

#321690 - 04/13/11 05:26 AM Re: Ordered BK-7m - thanks George & Forum Members [Re: truberto]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
George is an awesome retailer and a terrific source of knowledge. Put his number in your book!

#321753 - 04/13/11 01:32 PM Re: Ordered BK-7m - thanks George & Forum Members [Re: truberto]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
When you get the two to play well with each other, I would LOVE to hear some music that uses BOTH the BK-7m in arranger mode and the MoXS's arps and loops...

I honestly feel that the combination of the two, a modern WS loop and arp player (that chord follows) and a TRUE arranger is the most flexible, powerful combination currently available for making music easily...

Congratulations on your purchase. That's two musical instruments MEANT for each other, I believe..!

#321770 - 04/13/11 02:56 PM Re: Ordered BK-7m - thanks George & Forum Members [Re: truberto]
truberto Offline

Loc: Goodyear, AZ, USA
@Diki... thanks for the encouraging words. I'm looking forward to getting the two units working together. I agonized over purchasing a Tyros 4, but I really didn't want a second keyboard. Also, I'm a piano player - love the feel of the MOTIF XS8 keys. Not particular fond of plastic keys. I looked into the Audya 4, but the size was big and I couldn't get past the reliability issues posted here. The Roland unit seems perfect for me - both size and price. It will sit right on the MOTIF in the left hand corner. The pressure is on - I owe you some samples once I get everything working smile

#321836 - 04/14/11 12:13 AM Re: Ordered BK-7m - thanks George & Forum Members [Re: truberto]
technicsgiedrius Offline

Loc: Lithuania / Europe
would be very interesting to hear the individual sound of drums ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online