Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#319761 - 03/21/11 08:03 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#319765 - 03/21/11 08:59 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks for sharing. The piano sound is far better than MY Roland's but mine is the lowly E50 right now.
DonM

#319773 - 03/21/11 10:42 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Like Donny says the 61 KB doesn't appear to give a professional any problem so why do some moan about it when they can’t even play 76 notes they have got , well they don’t post it here

I notice you don't ask Tostie that, if Yamaha DID make a 76 T4, whether he would have got one... (he got a 76 Roland when there was a choice between a 76 and a 61)

The choice you make with Yamaha is whether to use one or not. There AREN'T any other choices to make. I guess Yamaha are to be commended for making life simple... rolleyes

BTW, you don't want any counter-battery fire, don't launch the shells yourself... How WAS that 76 MS working out for you? wink

#319777 - 03/21/11 11:31 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Exceptional performance, Joost, and a perfect example of the power in the Tyros4.

Like you, I have an extensive piano background, but the arranger is a different beast....firstly, it is not a piano, so it has to be approached differently, which you have done admirably.

As to 61 against a 76, it would matter far more to me, at least, coming from strictly a pianist's perspective, if the keys were weighted...semi-weighted, no matter what the number, is still far from feeling like a piano, and having more notes (as in 76), would add very little to overall "arranger" play, if at all...of course, this is my opinion, but you seem quite comfortable with five octaves.

Absolutely lovely playing and technique, and great use of the OTS...are you aware that the OTS can be temporarily changed without needing to save the style to User?

Your choice of style, sounds like "String Adagio" to me, is perfect for the music you played.

I am currently in the process of purchasing the Tyros4 I have here on my demo account, and I think both of us have made the right decsion in getting such a powerful, and expressive instrument.

Again, I must say, I really enjoyed your playing, and I hope that we will hear more from you on Synth Zone.

Ian

#319778 - 03/21/11 11:49 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Joost, thanks for taking the time to explain your video recording process and piano voice selections.

One more question: Which Tyros 4 auto accomp. style(s) was utilized?

Originally Posted By: Tostie

I usually use the standard OTS presets, since i'm not a big fan of programming.
Joost, not withstanding your fine performance, the fact that the audio sounded so impressive using merely the preset OTS settings showcases just how fantastic Tyros 4 sounds straight 'out of the box'.
Speaking for myself, with Tyros 4, I'm for the first time on a Yamaha arranger, extremely happy with the included acoustic piano voices,
as I can easily layer (RT1,RT2,RT3) piano presets to come up with very satisfying results to equal, or perhaps even better the ones offered by the arranger competition.
Joost, you beat me posting the link to your latest video only by a a few minutes, as I had actually planned to post the link myself. smile
To view Joost's other fine YouTube videos, here's his: YouTube Channel. cool

#319780 - 03/21/11 11:56 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Like Donny says the 61 KB doesn't appear to give a professional any problem so why do some moan about it when they can’t even play 76 notes they have got , well they don’t post it here

I notice you don't ask Tostie that, if Yamaha DID make a 76 T4, whether he would have got one... (he got a 76 Roland when there was a choice between a 76 and a 61)

The choice you make with Yamaha is whether to use one or not. There AREN'T any other choices to make. I guess Yamaha are to be commended for making life simple... rolleyes

BTW, you don't want any counter-battery fire, don't launch the shells yourself... How WAS that 76 MS working out for you? wink

Diki,

I never bought a MS, I got bitten with the Audya, the MS looked like an old mess of problems, we haven't seen one working with a full piece all the way through, anyway it's gone dead in the water, I suppose there is a market somewhere for the MS it certainly not in th UK. Diki, you know and I know that there never will be a 76 T4, anyway why should there be, they are selling 1000s of 61, why re-invent the wheel.

Ask Telmo & Tostie are they short of keys, didn't sound like it to me, maybe its more what I said '61 KB doesn't appear to give a professional any problem' twas the professional bit me thinks, if they can manage why can't everybody else, perhaps size does matter after all. I don't think that a KB manufacturer is any the better for making both 61 & 76 KB do you.

Regards

Tony

Edited by Tony Hughes (03/21/11 12:23 PM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319781 - 03/21/11 12:14 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Scottyee]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
GOOD STUFF!

R.

#319788 - 03/21/11 12:59 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Look guys... I've NEVER said I can't WORK with 61. Just, when there's an option, I prefer a larger size. It just seems like there's a lot of tap dancing to excuse Yamaha for NOT offering the option. Personally, I am of the opinion that, were the option offered, a lot of people that, as no option IS offered, are quite comfortable with the 61's would have a MUCH tougher decision to make.

But, as there is none, it's easy to 'defend' the choice you didn't have to make!

BTW, in my house right now, I have three 76's, four 61's and an 88. I can make music on any of them. But, if I can only take ONE of them on a gig... wink

#319790 - 03/21/11 01:16 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Joost:

Bravo! Stunning performance and you simply make the T-4 shine. Glad you finally decided to participate. Thanks for caring enough to share your marvelous capability.

Best regards,

Dave Rice

#319799 - 03/21/11 01:57 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
It just seems like there's a lot of tap dancing to excuse Yamaha for NOT offering the option.

Don't be so silly, Diki...no one here needs to make any excuses for what they play, including yourself.

As far as Yamaha not offering an option, they actually do have a TOTL arranger with more than 61 keys...the CVP-series.

Korg is the only major arranger maker currently offering 76 notes on TOTL portable instruments.

And, that's a good thing...it's nice to see them have that niche market pretty well to themselves...someone has to do it, so it may as well be Korg.

Ian

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online