Rog

#318375 - 03/05/11 03:53 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...

#318377 - 03/05/11 05:49 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: RMepstead]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Good Morning Rog...

I was a member of that Forum from when it first started. I object strongly to paying £27 odd to download items that had been contributed freely by myself and other members. No other forum I know of has such fees, and we all (members and Forum Owners) of this Forum, most others, are willing to give time, thought and knowledge freely to all - just as you do, Roger. That is the true spirit of Music - Free for All !!

There is no comparison between that site and the Technics Forum I have created. The Technics Forum is what it says on the label - 'A place for Technics Owners to Share and exchange useful knowledge, items and music. As such it is not really aimed at 'Chatting', but a Resource Created by members, where you can find written articles, Manuals, non-copyright Styles and Songs for each Technics Model in its own sub-board. All brought together in one place.

We are already currently helping by PM, 3 to my knowledge, new owners to get the most from their Technics Keyboards, and are ready at any time to assist anyone to the best of our knowledge.

NOT the aims of the multi-faceted Forum you mention.

Later edit ... Your 'Keyboard Kapers, the Styles Forum, and mine are to be found on the opening 'Links' page of this forum - sadly, the links are very much out of date to other non-existent sites, as well as to others which are no longer maintained.

Crafty Keyboards is a Forum that is NOT of any use to Technics owners - They don't even mention the Manufacturer of the Keyboards we know and love !!

Quote - CraftyMusic web site is for users and owners of all makes of keyboard arrangers such as Casio, GEM, Ketron, Korg, Roland and Yamaha. !!

Again none mentioned (as you claim) - to be in any way similar to my forum, or with the same objectives or format !!

I think, as a member (not contributing at present), you should take some time to look around the Forum and check it out, before commenting on what it compares to !!

Kind regards, and have a great weekend,

John

Edited by Tony Deaf (03/05/11 06:19 AM)

#318401 - 03/05/11 11:07 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Ted Rose]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Thats right you have to use the caps lock and if you have a laptop you should move your screen to see better

#318406 - 03/05/11 12:08 PM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: hbinfo2001]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I wonder why some have difficulty in seeing the type when it is a great looking site on my computer.

The attachment is about 1/2 the size as I see it.

Attachments
Technics Keyboard Forum.png

Edited by Bernie9 (03/05/11 12:11 PM)

#318434 - 03/06/11 12:38 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
The site itself is not the problem. Only the confirmation code when you register. The code was difficult to see due to the similar background. I had to reconfirm three times. Now it seems that the background has changed and the problem seems to be solved.
Bert

#318440 - 03/06/11 04:17 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Your heading John is Technics Resources - that's what I've added to..

#318444 - 03/06/11 05:18 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Bert Aarts]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Good Sunday Morning.

Have just returned from the Morning Service, and a 'Happy Clappy' session so now removing the 'Dog Collar' and returning from 'Rev' to plain Joe Bloggs !! However - just a little reminder - its Shrove Tuesday this week, so get those skillets and Fry Pans ready to toss some pancakes !!

In Olney in England, they have a Pancake Race, where contestants (women and men dressed as women) have to keep tossing their pancakes in a race around the village !!

Back to business, before I partake of Sunday Lunch.

I have had a return Email from 'Pro Forums' the site providers, and they say that it is really rare anyone complains about the legibility of the Security - Anti-Crawler device installed on their Forum Sites, and they go on to say that they host thousands of Forums, with over 2.7 million members, gosh knows how many posts and topics, I can't remember as it is irrelevent!!

I think everyone that wants to be in, is in now, and look forward to seeing some interesting topics started, as well as Articles and FAQ's. I keep saying it, and here it is again !! LOL - A forum is only as good as the membership make it. I am only the provider !!

Enjoy the 7th Day, everyone ...

John

#318455 - 03/06/11 06:43 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Time will tell as it did when we - www.keyboardcapersclub.com - tried to get a forum going. I came to the conclusion that there is a lot more to it than just being a provider...

#318456 - 03/06/11 07:10 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
It seems to me that this SynthZone/Technics forum is adequate...no need for additional websites that offer the sharing of information about Technics instruments.....

Bill Norrie's site is also informative and has links to many other's as well....

I am a retired person who just does not have any additional time to accomplish as much as desired! I have no interest in more places to log into for the same information that is already provided right here on SZ/Technics....

For those who have the time....and see the potential value...go for it!

Elizabeth

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online