SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#317438 - 02/23/11 02:54 AM Multiple Reg's Audya76
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am wondering if any of you use different registrations in a song to change variations and instruments, or change them on the keyboard on the fly.

If so, how do you set it up ?

I have a KN7000 which makes it simple to step through the changes with a pedal, but this method looks too time consuming on my Audya.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (02/23/11 02:55 AM)

#317676 - 02/25/11 05:53 PM Re: Multiple Reg's Audya76 [Re: Bernie9]
heanchpi Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm using an Ketron FS13 pedal that can be programmed with a lot of different things. Pressing the "Menu" and go into the menu "Keyboard Control -> Footswitch"and here you make the desired programming. For example, "Regis Up & Regis Down". You can then with the foot pedal run up and down in the requested registrations without stopping keyboard. In a medley, you can for example play 5 different melodies in 5 different tempo and styles and voices without stopping the keyboard by doing 5 different registrations and then change them with the foot pedal.
Henning - Denmark

#317688 - 02/26/11 03:08 AM Re: Multiple Reg's Audya76 [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Henning
Thanks for answering. I have an FS6 and saw the regis options,but wondered about two things.

Do you bother to make up separate regis rather than changing in real time ?

It seems like it would clutter up the single registration list, although one could put them in block regis for each song.

I guess this is the only option when I have a fast song that requires multiple fast changes.

#317695 - 02/26/11 06:19 AM Re: Multiple Reg's Audya76 [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

For what it's worth, making multiple regis for songs and saving them in Block Regis does not work properly for fast changes. I think the problem is with the seek time on a disk opposed to flash memory. There is an unacceptable lag and I have to hit a regis twice to make it work. The block is great for other uses.
I will continue to use my buttons.

I find the Audya so good in many areas that, like all keyboards, none does everything the best, and there are always work arounds.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online