abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
2 New Premium Style available http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=2649

Enjoy

Bill

#316856 - 02/18/11 12:32 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
50's Big Band is NICE! Thanks for sharing.

#316860 - 02/18/11 12:48 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: donpatt]
Dnj Offline

Nice stuff.....this is what EVERY MANUFACTURER should be repleasing time after time fir owners & players.

#316874 - 02/18/11 01:12 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Nice stuff.....this is what EVERY MANUFACTURER should be repleasing time after time fir owners & players.

Yamaha are the ONLY ones that so far get that they HAVE to be able to have a secure delivery system for additional styles before it is worth putting your A-Team on to making them.

The arranger industry needs to realize that this is the 21st century. If you can't copy protect styles, you can't make money off them.

BTW, Donny... have you ever looked into an in-line spell-checker for your browser? That would 'replease' us all!

#316883 - 02/18/11 02:01 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Yamaha are the ONLY ones that so far get that they HAVE to be able to have a secure delivery system for additional styles before it is worth putting your A-Team on to making them.

The arranger industry needs to realize that this is the 21st century. If you can't copy protect styles, you can't make money off them.

BTW, Donny... have you ever looked into an in-line spell-checker for your browser? That would 'replease' us all!

checker....shmecker.....Im sure you know what I mean.. rolleyes

#316885 - 02/18/11 02:06 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Often, no, Donny! smoke drink

#316953 - 02/19/11 04:37 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
Beakybird Offline

These styles aren't copyright protected if that is what Diki is saying.

I wish Yamahamusicsoft would let people upgrade their purchased styles - even for a price - after they upgrade to a higher keyboard model.

Does anyone have a suggestion for songs with either of these styles. I guess with the the Big Band style you can play many songs from the American Songbook. Does anything scream out at you?

I perform regularly at several facilities with a near 100% Afro American population, so I purchased the Memphis style. I really could use a couple of song ideas though.

#317000 - 02/19/11 12:37 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

I thought that the internet direct connected styles for Yamaha's couldn't be copied?

Surely I can't be the ONLY one that has noticed the radical reduction in third party styles and new factory styles available, these days? Maybe I'm looking back with rosy glasses, but Roland, Korg, Technics and probably most everybody back in the youth of arrangers (back when most new styles came on cards, not floppies) produced styles in between model changes, and often in great number (there was a WIDE selection of style cards that Roland made, I definitely remember).

Nowadays, not so much...

Content is what drives the arranger industry. Without protected styles, we get meager dribblings of the odd new style, but nothing significant until a new model comes out (with new features, so these styles play poorly on older arrangers). BTW, I'm talking about styles the quality of the ROM, not half-baked user styles or bad ports of styles made for another arranger...

I still think that an iTunes model for secure delivery of affordable styles will make the market explode...

#317017 - 02/19/11 08:34 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Yamaha should NOT charge. ( period )

If you own a Yamaha , then you already paid the fee.

IMO smile

Gary 

#317020 - 02/19/11 09:33 PM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: jedi]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The keyboard already comes with 500 Styles, Jedi.

How many more do you need for free? Geez, it takes a lot of time to make these styles. Give Yamaha a break. At least they are releasing NEW styles; that's more than Korg, Roland, or Ketron.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online