SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#316998 - 02/19/11 12:35 PM Software options for drum patterns?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My quest continues. My new approach to what I want to do involves less and less arranger features, but as always - I need drums, and preferably bass. Maybe I can use a software program on my netbook to generate drum patterns and play manual bass when I need an "instant" arrangement. The rest of the high intensity and specialty tunes can be programmed and transferred to MP3 for playback from the pc. I really want to try and play 2 handed piano on this Nord E3 somehow, but I'd hate to think of how many requests I'd miss by not having bass and drums available. I truly could live without the arranger most of the night - especially on smaller, more intimate things.
Anyone know of a place to get high quality "split" samples that will play bass and piano on the Nord? I'd love to be able to do this on one kb, but I am starting to convince myself otherwise.

This week, I redesigned the Korg i5s for my EZ8 patterns with, and WITHOUT arranger, so I have 16 patterns that cover 90% of all requests I'll get, but this still means using 2 keyboards and carrying a voice harmonizer .... it's getting bulky again. Just thinkin' out loud.

#317001 - 02/19/11 12:45 PM Re: Software options for drum patterns? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wait for that BK-7m... pretty much covers what you are going to need, I think.

#317142 - 02/21/11 12:48 AM Re: Software options for drum patterns? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
would Band in a Box work for you?

It's not realtime though.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.demos.htm

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#317179 - 02/21/11 11:08 AM Re: Software options for drum patterns? [Re: rikkisbears]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
It's not realtime though.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online