SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#317035 - 02/20/11 05:54 AM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: cassp]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
HEY! Check this setup out - maybe it'll give the big boys a run for their money! smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT4omHyGxtI&feature=related
(I can't stop laughing)

#317090 - 02/20/11 01:38 PM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
tonkan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Originally Posted By: arranger_yes_pc_no
overpriced, for what it really is. At the price, without a keyboard, I'd expect a nice big screen and a good sequencer built in. In other words....a workstation, not just a sound module with styles

Perhaps you are right but I guess it depends on how good the sounds and styles are if it's overpriced or not. It for sure would have been better with a few more features, all Rolands top sounds, more buttons, more real time parts, and bigger screen, even with added cost, but it's a little more than half the price of a Ketron SD3, as is the only competitor I know of, but still double poly, double number of styles, more sounds. Question is which sounds best?

#317102 - 02/20/11 03:34 PM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: cassp]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm afraid, AYPCN (time for a shorter name, dude!) that the world has moved on. Not including a full sequencer, for MOST people, seems a fairly common thing these days. Not everyone is a computerphobic as you are. To my mind, no onboard sequencer (but exceptional header editing) is a PLUS, not a negative! Leaves more R&D money for 'arranger' features.

One BIG improvement over the E60/50 is the individual Part EQ's, and a HUGE improvement over the Prelude/GW is the return of detail Drumkit Makeup Tools with individual drum sound EQ's.

Something has me puzzled, though. There's a couple of buttons on the front panel (Variation 3 & 4) sub-labeled 'Mark A repeat' and Mark B delete' which I can't find any reference to in the manual. Maybe this is a Mark/Jump feature for the SMF playback? Puzzling...

#317123 - 02/20/11 06:19 PM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: cassp]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
...OR maybe it's a chord sequencer!!!!!! Naw.
DonM

#317127 - 02/20/11 06:52 PM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
There's a couple of buttons on the front panel (Variation 3 & 4) sub-labeled 'Mark A repeat' and Mark B delete' which I can't find any reference to in the manual. Maybe this is a Mark/Jump feature for the SMF playback? Puzzling...

Although Diki, if you look closely at the pic in the manual, it does say "MARKER", not mark...so maybe it is a midi file repeat marker.

Would not be the first time Roland left something out of a manual wink

Dennis

#317184 - 02/21/11 11:26 AM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: miden]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Diki
There's a couple of buttons on the front panel (Variation 3 & 4) sub-labeled 'Mark A repeat' and Mark B delete' which I can't find any reference to in the manual. Maybe this is a Mark/Jump feature for the SMF playback? Puzzling...

Although Diki, if you look closely at the pic in the manual, it does say "MARKER", not mark...so maybe it is a midi file repeat marker.

Would not be the first time Roland left something out of a manual wink

Dennis

Huh? Look again... Well, MY version of the manual (BK-7m_e2 (1).pdf) quite clearly has them labeled as MARK A (Repeat) and MARK B (delete).

If the two markers can be STORED with the SMF (like the G70 does with all four) then this could be a rudimentary Mark/Jump...

#317185 - 02/21/11 11:28 AM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Here's a pic.

Attachments
BK-7m buttons.jpg

#317189 - 02/21/11 11:43 AM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: cassp]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Well I cannot post a pic as I don't have a website to link to (what is your website/webpage then Diki ?)

But Diki have a close look at the pic on page 31 of the manual under the Variation 1,2,3,4 Sub-heading...

Maybe you could post it too, so it can confirm I WAS quoting something in the manual.

Dennis

#317193 - 02/21/11 12:02 PM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: cassp]
Diki Offline

I stand semi-corrected:

You'll notice though, that the balloon doesn't blow up the ACTUAL panel display. Panel still says MARK, even in that picture. And you can do a 'search' for Mark OR MARKER and you won't find ONE mention of the feature... rolleyes

Bloody Roland!

Attachments
BK2.jpg

#317194 - 02/21/11 12:04 PM Re: Roland BK-7m [Re: cassp]
Diki Offline

BTW, .JPG's can be directly uploaded here, if under the size limits of the forum software. No need (any more) to link to a webpage...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online