SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#315370 - 02/05/11 05:55 PM Panel Memory
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hello Professors,
When saving registrations to Panel Memory (KN7000),I cannot get the pads I select to stay in PM with all the other sounds. Is it possible and how? (Which confirms my stupidity), or is it not possible and I am still the genius my ego keeps telling me??
Ray

#315447 - 02/06/11 01:46 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Press and hold the set button in the middle of panel memories and go to page 2. Bottom righthand side is Pad Bank which should be 'on'...Rog

#315454 - 02/06/11 03:16 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Saint. thanks for asking this question , You are not the only one with this problem .

When I saw that Roger had replied with the answer I thought my luck had changed !!!!

Turned on the Kn7000 loaded the file from my SD card , pushed and held panel set button , went to page 2 ,in the bottom right hand corner pad is already set to on !!!

Any other ideas ?

best regards .....Giovanni

#315455 - 02/06/11 03:28 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi

I don't know much about KN7000, but does it have something like "expanded mode" in PanMem settings?
Is there any options to choose this function in that pages?

Hey Alec, do you still peek in here? wave
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#315462 - 02/06/11 06:06 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
That only saves that pad bank of six different pads - it won't save the particular one that you want to use...you must hit that afresh each time you want it on...Rog

#315466 - 02/06/11 07:37 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Setting the Panel Memory's with individual Performance Pads may be different depending on what & how you load your Panel Memories. I know that some of you use the Panel Memory to store your individual songs, using more than one memory per song....

My system is a bit different because I store the on-board styles rather than specific songs to the panel memory. Example: All 8 memories in PM-A are dedicated to "Latin Rhythms", PM-B is "Super Good Sounds", PM-C is Piano combos. PM-1 is "Jazz", etc....

I do a lot of "tweaking" and changing of instruments in each rhythm AND also add a performance pad that I like. When I have the sounds I like (in that moment) I press the center "set" button FIRST, then, while holding the set button down also, the number of the memory I want to save to.

Additional information: In the "Sound Memory"....My favorite instruments that I have "tweaked" are saved here so that when I choose an instrument for one of my stored rhythms, there they are all sound tweaked just the way my "hear" wants them!

As long as I remember to Save everything when I close down the entire program, everything newly changed is saved every time, including each performance pad I have selected for each rhythm.

I mark my music (in pencil) with the specific Panel Memories that have the rhythm or rhythms I like to use for that music....

It is necessary to be sure that you have programed your 7K to save everything... I forget just where that instruction is located....

Finally, I suspect that however you set up your Panel Memory, adding the Performance Pads before you save to SD will add them each time.....

If anyone has any challenge with this, let me know and I will attempt to help further. It will feel so good to know that I have actually helped someone with 7K programming! ;)) Elizabeth

#315567 - 02/07/11 03:31 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: etwo4788]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
JOHN C. --We all have a system that we use and most of us swear by that system.

Posted by Elizabeth. (I have added my comments as JOHN C.)

My system is a bit different because I store the on-board styles rather than specific songs to the panel memory. Example: All 8 memories in PM-A are dedicated to "Latin Rhythms", PM-B is "Super Good Sounds", PM-C is Piano combos. PM-1 is "Jazz", etc....

JOHN C. –I use the SAME SYSTEM except I called them the bands: Latin strong band, ballad soft band – I use 13 different setups, 13 different bands. No expanded memory here. JOHN C. – In my second set up I use expanded memory and store all I need to play a song including the pads.
Elizabeth--
I do a lot of "tweaking" and changing of instruments in each rhythm AND also add a performance pad that I like. When I have the sounds I like (in that moment) I press the center "set" button FIRST, then, while holding the set button down also, the number of the memory I want to save to.

JOHN C. -- Fully agree, your set up is constantly growing. I also find using “Favorites to select instrument a great help when playing on-the-fly.

Elizabeth --
As long as I remember to Save everything when I close down the entire program, everything newly changed is saved every time, including each performance pad I have selected for each rhythm.

JOHN C. – on the second page of SAVE, on the right side is “PERFORM” This will save everything but – Midi, Home Page, Favorites, and Custom Rhythms. I like to add Favorites to the save. DANGER---DANGER If you use “PERFORM” in saving and you have programed all 13 banks in the memory panel – you will only save the first three banks and lose banks 1 through 10. Been there—done that—screamed!

Elizabeth--
I mark my music (in pencil) with the specific Panel Memories that have the rhythm or rhythms I like to use for that music....

JOHN C. --- I also add which fills, intros, and endings to use.
Elizabeth--
If anyone has any challenge with this, let me know and I will attempt to help further. It will feel so good to know that I have actually helped someone with 7K programming! ;))

JOHN C. -- No challange, just some additions.

PS, Pads WILL BE save if selected in Expandable Memory

#315577 - 02/07/11 06:26 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: bruno123]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thank you to the ever reliable sources of information, but I realise I did not fully explain that I wanted to have different pads settings in different PM storage. Having followed your suggestions I do not think that is possible and I will have to change them manually as I change PM settings. Am I right?

Ray dance

#315588 - 02/07/11 08:20 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
NO No no Ray! You can select and save different performance pads in every memory if you choose! Go to the pad "bank" and listen to as many as you want, until you find just the "right" one for that rhythm/band....then save it to the panel memory you are working with..... You can have a different pad in each memory bank....

Thanks John for your additional suggestions... I will have to take a look at the "second page of save"... also a couple of other things you suggest need a second look-see-try! Thanks!

Elizabeth

#315604 - 02/07/11 10:30 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: etwo4788]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , thanks for all the input .

the Kn7000 is set in the Expand mode .
I've set the style up as a 12/8 Ballad tempo 69 to play that great Cilla Black hit of the 60's "You're my World "

i can only get the pad number 1 to play by manually pressing the pad button number one ....it is playing a 12/6 Arpeggio and sounds very good ....but alas I'm unable to actually save it to a panel memory . everything else is saved in the panel memory !!
it is no great problem as it is easy to just press the pad number 1 button .
I'm sure this topic will be with us for awhile .
just would like to say i appreciate all the suggestions.

regards ...Giovanni

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online