SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#314163 - 01/27/11 08:17 PM Old documentary about electronic music
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#314176 - 01/27/11 11:16 PM Re: Old documentary about electronic music [Re: vagro]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Vagro...thanks for the great find...very interesting.

Here is another take on basically the same subject. It is called The Great British Synth Documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPFHXWOB0U&feature=player_embedded

There are 10 parts and it begins on Part 2.

Ian

#314389 - 01/29/11 07:33 AM Re: Old documentary about electronic music [Re: ianmcnll]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Yes Ian I've been checking there are many other documentaries that are certainly good. Who can watch TV now when we can find our favorite program at any time...Connect your computer to your large LCD TV , that's it.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#314390 - 01/29/11 07:48 AM Re: Old documentary about electronic music [Re: vagro]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: vagro
Yes Ian I've been checking there are many other documentaries that are certainly good. Who can watch TV now when we can find our favorite program at any time...Connect your computer to your large LCD TV , that's it.

You're right, Vagro...actually, I do not watch TV...I don't have cable or satellite dish...I do have a television set, but it is used to play DVD and my PlayStation video games.

I have a large 25" PC monitor that is great for watching YouTube, or other videos...even DVD movies.

Watching TV is a one-way experience...using the computer is a two-way experience...being able to interact, as in the latter, is far more interesting.

I like watching those old keyboard/music documentaries.

Ian

#314403 - 01/29/11 10:25 AM Re: Old documentary about electronic music [Re: vagro]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Got GT5 and a PS3 yet, Ian?

#314437 - 01/29/11 11:44 AM Re: Old documentary about electronic music [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Got GT5 and a PS3 yet, Ian?

I'm waiting on the PS3...I have the older version of PS2 and a new one (still in the box...got a great deal on it) and apparently they are bulletproof...the verdict is out on the PS3, as several guys I know that have them have had issues after using for some time. Later models may have been upgraded.

If you believe the forums, the game-play in the Gran Turismo 4 is considered more fun (and, in some ways, more realistic) than GT5, although the latter's graphics are incredible...but, it is all about how playing connects with the player. I know I still enjoy it immensely.

I use a Logitech G-25 Steering wheel (leather wrapped) with real metal pedals and shift paddles, plus a 6-speed shifter...it is an awesome controller, and makes the game so much more realistic and challenging.

GT4 has the Nurburgring track, very accurately modeled, and the rest of the game is still pretty cool.

Finances will be the consideration as far as getting the PlayStation 3, especially if it isn't that much better play-wise.

If I go with the Tyros4 as my personal keyboard, I'll wait on a purchase of the PS3...if I go with a PSR, I may make the buy earlier.

The wheel is what makes both games...especially the G-25...you can even feel the change in texture of the track surface!

Sure came a long way since the Vic-20...ha ha.

Ian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online